First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You can trade if you find a good deal. I found a ‘21 Rubicon with an originally 60k msrp with 3500 miles on it for 53,900 two weeks ago. The mileage was low enough to finance as new so I got just over 2% interest at 72 months with Navy Federal Credit Union. I got a good trade in value on my Alfa too.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Made in Japan, next to the Miata. With the heart of Italy.
Yes, that Spider is soweeeeeet! Italian where it counts (styling, turbo kick, engine sound, suspension tuning), and Japanese where it matters (built by Mazda in Japan).

They stopped making them, so getting rid of the Spider is out of the question.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Yes, that Spider is soweeeeeet! Italian where it counts (styling, turbo kick, engine sound, suspension tuning), and Japanese where it matters (built by Mazda in Japan).

Some pretty good value on them, both new and used. Half tempted to pick one up as an around town beater or to keep around if I ever get another commute (I wouldn't want to commute in the Jeep).

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Kelly Blue Book says my 2018 Sahara with every major option on it and only 6,200 miles is worth $45,000 to a dealer. I paid $38,000 four months before the pandemic hit.

I added about $3,500 in Katzkin leather seats and a Mopar lift.

I barely drive it. I am tempted to get the cash and run. Perhaps wait a few months for the market to cool off and see what else to get.

I still have the OE wheels and front bumper. I may swap the Quadratec wheels and steel bumper and sell them separately. I never got around to installing the winch.

Thoughts?
Try Carvana first, they offer above KBB.

Jeep#6

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4xe HYDRO; 24 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales in a Jeep

I sold 2018 Sahara JLU for $1k more than paid 2.5yrs ago and ordered Rubi 4xe...delivery times appear to be increasing again. New warranty clock was a consideration... But we also wanted Soft-top and Hydro Blue so if you want different options or model...it could be something to consider. Would the leather seats be reusable on new Jeep or you could sell those separately on here...

Pocket the money and then order '22

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not particularly surprised. I sold my 2019 Raptor with 21000 miles for $65K. I paid $61K. I know they people I sold it to flipped it for $70K.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
The JKs are also selling for insanely high prices. I bought a used, stock 2014 JKU with 31k miles for $27k on 12/31/17. Did the usual Jeep thing and modestly lifted it, put 35s on it, 4.56 gears. Decided a couple months ago I wanted a JLUR. Posted the JKU for sale for $30,500 with 63k miles on Cargurus. Ended up lowering the price to $29,200 after slow interest. Even though it was somewhat modded, didn't expect to get that much but wanted to start high enough to have negotiating room.

I was contacted by a buyer for the Hendricks dealership who purchased it with no attempt to haggle on my asking price. I was like wow, I just got $29k for a 7 year old Wrangler. Why would they EVER pay that much????

Then I saw, the very next day, (about 3 weeks ago) they put it up for sale on their lot for freaking $36,000!!!!! They sold it a week later.

Now I feel like a fool for letting it go so cheaply. No way I would've expected that Jeep to sell that high.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL resale values are insane! Screenshot_20210421-162351_Gmail

Last edited:

Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Book trade-in value on my Ram pickup was $55k, but I couldn't find a dealer willing to actually pay that. And it was impeccable.
I agree, the KBB trade-in value of my dad's CR-V is 20,500. The best an actual dealer would offer us on trade is 18K. While it is nice to see the number on a website, it is a different thing to get a dealer to actually pay it without making it up on the vehicle that they're selling you.

I figure that KBB is just meant to drive dealer traffic. KBB is "free", a friend of mine told me "if you don't pay for the product, you ARE the product".

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I bought a used 2013 JK 2 door Sport S in Jan 2018 for 22K at a toyota dealership with 55,000 miles on it. In December 2020 when I traded it in for my 2021 JLUR, the dealer gave my 20K for it at just under 90,000 miles, and resold it for 24K 2 days later. My 2020 Willys was on month 12 of a 39 month lease, and I was able to cancel the lease with no penalties. I then got the 2021 JLUR for $7000 below MSRP.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Then I saw, the very next day, (about 3 weeks ago) they put it up for sale on their lot for freaking $36,000!!!!! They sold it a week later.
That's insane. I know you slightly modded it, but dang - you can get a brand new Sport S for that much.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
The value I would get out of using my Jeep for the next few years would outweigh any money I would profit from selling it now. Even if $3-5k profit. I am not getting any younger. I want to hit up some trails and do some cool stuff since I just did a bunch of stuff to it over the past year. What if something happens to me in two years and I can't get another jeep or maybe can't physically do with it what I want to do with it now. Time and experiences is something we don't get back that is much more valuable than a little bit of extra cash.
Sponsored