Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Hi Everyone,
IMG_20180216_175740.jpg

I wanted to take a minute to formally introduce Hothead Headliners to the JL forum members. We are a small American company that takes pride in offering the best headliners we can make and even more pride in providing exceptional customer service. If you've been wondering about our headliners or some of the others we have some informative videos on our web site where I show how ours and others are constructed. It's so hard to tell exactly what your'e looking at from just a picture. If you every have any questions about our headliners or any of the others give us a call
[email protected]
714-872-2071
Here is a link to our web site: Hothead Headliners
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGhob32uv9MmZt6Kf98YrLg
best regards,
Mark

Full Top.jpg

Full Top.jpg
Mark,

Any chance you can get a picture of the Med Dark Oak headliners with the JL Tan interior? I'm curious to see how it matches. If the Med Dark oak was meant to match the tan interior for the JK, I think it'll be too dark. A picture of this installed would be GREAT if possible!

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

ssiegler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Hi Everyone,
IMG_20180216_175740.jpg

I wanted to take a minute to formally introduce Hothead Headliners to the JL forum members. We are a small American company that takes pride in offering the best headliners we can make and even more pride in providing exceptional customer service. If you've been wondering about our headliners or some of the others we have some informative videos on our web site where I show how ours and others are constructed. It's so hard to tell exactly what your'e looking at from just a picture. If you every have any questions about our headliners or any of the others give us a call
[email protected]
714-872-2071
Here is a link to our web site: Hothead Headliners
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGhob32uv9MmZt6Kf98YrLg
best regards,
Mark

Full Top.jpg

Full Top.jpg
Just installed mine this past weekend and so far very happy

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
The Med Dark Oak is a good match for the JK saddle leather interior. I haven't seen the new tan interiors on the JLs, but will try to get some pictures of the Oak color plus some new possible color choices.

Mark

Last edited:

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
I would be interested in pre and post temp variances and sound levels on freeway

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I wonder why they can't put a layer of sound assassin in each the the larger sections......

Sponsored

Calexb

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Granite Crystal - Manual - Loaded
Can they be installed over the MOPAR ones that I ordered with my JLUR as an additional layer of sound protection? Does anyone know? Is it just one or the other? Thanks.

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
This guy did some temp tests:
TL;DR: The temperature of the panels dropped about 30-40 degrees. The temperature inside the car and the temperature of the seats showed a 1-2% difference. In my opinion, not worth the $500 Hotheads is charging for their product.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
TL;DR: The temperature of the panels dropped about 30-40 degrees. The temperature inside the car and the temperature of the seats showed a 1-2% difference. In my opinion, not worth the $500 Hotheads is charging for their product.
From a temperature standpoint, I’d agree based on that test.

However, I bought them for noise reduction. Has anyone seen similar objective data on dB reduction? That would be awesome.

My headliners (full kit + sound assassin) arrived yesterday but if there is only a 1-2% reduction in dBs, I’d consider returning before I install. Reviews from other buyers (here) have been pretty good in general, so I’d be surprised if it really is a nominal improvement.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I put Hothead liners in my 2012 almost four years ago. No problems, no complaints, and I think that the interior looks much better with them. Plan on doing the same if my 2018 shows up.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I checked all the colors available on HH for my White/Tan interior. I ordered off white for $30 extra. To my eye there is no dead on match for the Tan. The off white are a bit lighter than the seats but should keep the interior from being too dark.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Mark,

Any chance you can get a picture of the Med Dark Oak headliners with the JL Tan interior? I'm curious to see how it matches. If the Med Dark oak was meant to match the tan interior for the JK, I think it'll be too dark. A picture of this installed would be GREAT if possible!

Thanks!
HI,
we will have a match for the Heritage Tan interior soon. We think we have it pinned down but want to try a couple other colors before stock up on that color.
Mark

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
I have had them on now for a week, they are awesome. I got the Sound Assassin as well. I could immediately tell the difference on the sound at 75 MPH. I didnt feel like I was having to talk over the wind noise of the roof. I love them. They are worth every penny

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
HI,
we will have a match for the Heritage Tan interior soon. We think we have it pinned down but want to try a couple other colors before stock up on that color.
Mark
Hi Mark,

Any chance you can share an early photo of what the color looks like installed with the heritage tan interior? I’ve got a black kit sitting in the unopened box from when you shipped it to me, probably a month ago. Still no Wrangler to put it on :(

I feel like a black headliner will look better (to me) anyway, but would love to see the tan before I install black (if I ever receive the Jeep).
Sponsored