Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Dudes run the 2” Mopar lift and 37’s all day long so don’t let that stop you.

Worst case you have to make a couple minor adjustments. Like a small spacer or more backspace wheel, etc.

That being said the Mopar kit will be just okay performance wise vs super sick with the EVO Kit.

So both will be able to clear and run 37’s. 4.5” is probably too much lift for 37” actually and more suited for 40” tires on a JL.

Most find the Mopar lift and 37’s to be the best combo budget wise though, the EVO will just far outperform it. Probably both on and off road. I think it would be 2k well spent. Just bump it down to a 3.5” kit from them though.

The Mopar lift typically nets guys closer to 2.5” - 3”
Yeah mopar would work for 37s on a rubicon, but would it for a sport as well? I’m not sure on that. And I don’t think Evo offers a 3.5” diesel specific kit. Just 2.5 and 4.5
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Gotcha. While I can afford the $3500 for the stage 3 plus and shocks, I’m not sure I’m wanting to fork the money over. May just go with the 2 inch mopar and 35s and call it a day. Seems like the difference for me at least based on wheels/tires I want to run 35s/37s is about $2k in lift parts.
In that case, go with the Dynatrac Endurosport 2” lift. It gets rave reviews and will clear 37s. It’s said to be one of the very best for on and offroad comfort. It also is a short enough lift that there is no need to spend more $$ on other items such as adjustable arms and adjustable steering components. It’s not necessary with this lift.
For the extra weight of the diesel, just add some spacers up front and maybe rear to get back the 2” of lift needed.

https://www.dynatrac.com/dynatrac-e...t-kit-for-the-2018-2019-jeep-wrangler-jl.html

Jeep Wrangler JL Which lift? Sport Ecodiesel D3FC261E-98A1-40CC-8F9A-953F648C3696

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Yeah mopar would work for 37s on a rubicon, but would it for a sport as well? I’m not sure on that. And I don’t think Evo offers a 3.5” diesel specific kit. Just 2.5 and 4.5
Yes you gain more height from installing it in a sport vs a Rubi

Go with the 2.5” EVO then. As stated above most guys get 2.5” to 3” on the Mopar and run 37’s

If you got 2.5”+ from the EVO 2.5 you should be perfect to run 37’s

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
In that case, go with the Dynatrac Endurosport 2” lift. It gets rave reviews and will clear 37s. It’s said to be one of the very best for on and offroad comfort. It also is a short enough lift that there is no need to spend more $$ on other items such as adjustable arms and adjustable steering components. It’s not necessary with this lift.
For the extra weight of the diesel, just add some spacers up front and maybe rear to get back the 2” of lift needed.

https://www.dynatrac.com/dynatrac-e...t-kit-for-the-2018-2019-jeep-wrangler-jl.html

D3FC261E-98A1-40CC-8F9A-953F648C3696.jpeg
This looks nice too. Just not diesel specific spring rates which it sounds like the OP wants

Otherwise probably better than the Mopar lift though - just maybe not as complete

By the time you add a couple other goodies to it, it would probably be a great option between the Mopar kit and the EVO ones

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
This looks nice too. Just not diesel specific spring rates which it sounds like the OP wants

Otherwise probably better than the Mopar lift though - just maybe not as complete

By the time you add a couple other goodies to it, it would probably be a great option between the Mopar kit and the EVO ones

Oh ok, Cool. Can you please pass on a message to the OP?
“Good luck with your build. Please post pictures when you get it up in the air!”

Thanks @40”JLURD . You are doing a great job.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I’m even more confused 🥴🥴🥴 lol. If the mopar would give me enough, I’d just run it and 37s. Just hope I have plenty of clearance with the sport flares. I have a bit of droop on the front now as well, probably need a spacer too. I have an extra 150# over stock in the front for bumper and winch.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Now I’m even more confused 🥴🥴🥴 lol. If the mopar would give me enough, I’d just run it and 37s. Just hope I have plenty of clearance with the sport flares. I have a bit of droop on the front now as well, probably need a spacer too. I have an extra 150# over stock in the front for bumper and winch.
In order to make your decision as difficult as possible I’d like to mention that while the Mopar lift will get you higher, it doesn’t give you adjustable track bars or control arms. And you going to need those. It’s also not very flexible. And if you’re going with 37s, which I recommend with the huge amount of lift you will get, you’re going to need at least 4.88 gears. IMO the only positive thing about the Mopar lift is the looks. It does look good.

Edit: Scratch the gears part. Just realized you have a diesel
5DF00C93-5378-49E5-B8BE-3A403DA11393.jpeg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
As mentioned already if Mopar lift add adj TBs and adj LCAs. I will say 37s would be tight on Sport flares, this is why I swapped to Rubi flares. You will gain 3-3.5” of lift and then flares gain another 1.5”. I plan on adding 3/4 spacer upfront when I add winch. Not a diesel but here is a couple pics for refs on Sport S with Mopar lift, Rubi Flares and 37s.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which lift? Sport Ecodiesel E3C410EB-A167-46FC-9BB7-FDE01F5ED988
Jeep Wrangler JL Which lift? Sport Ecodiesel 3ED737E9-9B8A-43C3-9AD0-C04AA48D2A34
Jeep Wrangler JL Which lift? Sport Ecodiesel 003A6A21-B1D0-4509-A8F9-0B61605ED21F
Jeep Wrangler JL Which lift? Sport Ecodiesel AF0178AF-0C66-47C0-99B5-8F2420FDC761

Here is another pic showing difference in sport flare compared to Rubi flare drivers side. Before tires added.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which lift? Sport Ecodiesel 1610224842966

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
In order to make your decision as difficult as possible I’d like to mention that while the Mopar lift will get you higher, it doesn’t give you adjustable track bars or control arms. And you going to need those. It’s also not very flexible. And if you’re going with 37s, which I recommend with the huge amount of lift you will get, you’re going to need at least 4.88 gears. IMO the only positive thing about the Mopar lift is the looks. It does look good.

Edit: Scratch the gears part. Just realized you have a diesel
5DF00C93-5378-49E5-B8BE-3A403DA11393.jpeg
I second everything he said.

But if all you want is to be able to clear 37’s and do mild to intermediate trails you can do that with the Mopar lift.

At at minimum theres a few things you should add to it for it to be optimal.

Listed in order of importance:

1) Mopar LCA’s - you will want these. (Adjustable ones like Rock Krawler or EVO are better they just cost more)
2) Adjustable Track Bars (Rock Krawler or EVO again)
3)Upgrade steering stabilizer (Falcon Nexus is a good one. Adjustable or non depending on budget. Both are good)
4) New Front And Rear driveshafts. Mopar/Spicer makes some that bolt right in for generic lifted applications or go Custom like a JE Reel or Adams Driveshafts.

With these things you’ll probably be more than pleased

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, let’s try this again. Evo website states non rubicon models gain more than 2.5” on the 2.5” kit. Would this stage get me to 37s?

5A0642FE-D35A-4E0A-B57A-CBD171F1B26F.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or these? My god I just realized how much of an idiot I am when it comes to this shit.

F1F60B30-5AB0-4238-A45B-8965B824FB33.png

C1576624-2811-4D91-8BE3-62408E8DD826.png

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And found this on the rock Krawler website.

FF0EFB85-8E40-458D-B6EC-09F9309EC8AC.png

B85243E5-2E04-41D9-8FB2-B46D822A0975.png

Ridgerunner542

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
42 Ford GPW, 12 4Runner, 16 VW Sportwagen
Going with Bilstein 5100s for shocks. My questions is do I need the adjustable front and rear track bars? Evo told me
The regular stage 3 kit “wasn’t enough” to properly lift the Jeep.
Short answer, do you? No. Should you? Yes.

I never lift anything without upgrading the front track bar and replacing the steering stabilizer. Even on a spacer lift. This is the reason people have so much problems with bump steer. It won’t happen right away but your front end will slowly degrade and you’ll be chasing worn out bushings and rod ends.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
for just another data point, on my Willys Diesel, the Mopar "2 inch" lift got me 4.25" lift in the front, and ~3.25" in the rear. re-adjusting the headlights afterward was a must; i don't want to be 'That Guy' with the LEDs glaring away at oncoming traffic.
i used the front LCAs that came with the kit, and while i haven't checked the Camber yet, the steering doesn't feel much different.

i'm sure it may settle a bit (and hope it does!), but i haven't had much need/opportunity to drive it since the change, and it's only got a few hundred miles on it since.
adjustable Track Bars are in the works, but i'd like to see it settle a tad more before doing that part of the setup.

will it fit 37s? don't know; don't really care. (i know; so very uncool,..)
plan is for 35s more to make it another high articulation overlanding monster like my last J**p, and i don't want to increase the unsprung weight, don't want to increase the risk of damage due to twisting against too much larger a tire, don't want to have a 100lb spare, and don't want to have to re-gear lower than 4.11s.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you're still in the market and are possibly looking for a more complete system for your Diesel JL, definitely check out our Overland Plus - Diesel Version suspension system! Like I mentioned this is a complete lift that comes with everything you need in order to properly lift your vehicle while keeping suspension geometry intact so your vehicle continues to ride as smoothly as it did right from the factory! Our Overland Plus system combines the best of both worlds with amazing on-road and off road performance from our maintenance-free, self-centering Giiro joints that soak up road noise and vibrations for a quiet comfortable daily driver and plenty of flex and misalignment for a competent rock crawler, but now specifically available for your Diesel model JL! Feel free to check the system out on our website :)

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-diesel-25-overland-lift-kit-2018-jl

Jeep Wrangler JL Which lift? Sport Ecodiesel 2020BlueDiesel-1297
Sponsored