Which Lift

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So, I'm looking at the Rock Krawler lift kits, and I have no idea which one I want/need. I plan on running a 35x12.50 on the JLU, and from what I've read you really need adjustable control arms, and track bar relocation so you don't look like an old coon hound running, small joke. Anyway, it's going to be driven on the road, and every once in a while go off road, but nothing drastic. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I also know you get what you pay for, and this Jeep will be in my driveway for many, many years. I know I'll get different opinions as to what I should get and what brand. So, any help would be greatly appreciated. From the research I've done. The Rock Krawler lifts are definitely one of the best.
Sponsored

sirryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
If you stay in the 2.5" range, you won't have to change anything. As to brands...you will get tons and tons of info, mostly from people touting what they are running. I run Rough Country. Yeah...some "real" jeepers bash RC and I get it. But I have had RC on my jeeps for a total of 12 years on 3 jeeps. I bent a shock once (my fault, rock) and I had one sent to me the next day. No questions asked. I like RC for a couple reasons...1) customer service 2) RC is more than "most" need for the off roading "most" actually do 3) lifetime warranty 4) price point. Just my two cents. You cand spend more on Teraflex, RK, the list goes one...and they are no doubt excellent lifts..but again, most don't need it.

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
As stated above agree with them. A lot to choose from. My vote is for Rancho. Ran it my TJ. They’ve been in the business for a long time. Rancho has also been tested on the JL and got pretty good reviews. Around 650 for 2.5 in lift.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Like the others have said, I'm sure you'll get a million replies/opinions about this. Personally I'm running Rock Krawler's 2.5" Adventure Series 3 System, Rubicon take-off shocks, Nitto Grappler G2 35x12.50 tires, and 18" Fuel wheels with -12 offset.

This combo gives me the look and performance that I want. The height is fantastic. My JL is a daily driver and I try to hit moderate trails once a month. For me, the highlights of the Rock Krawler package include design (their system doesn't suffer from the spring bowing the early Mopar kits did), the fact that it handles really well on the road, and the quality of the parts. Their stuff is really stout and seems to be well made. It's definitely heavier than the stock pieces it replaces. Be aware though, after adding all the goodies mentioned above, I went from 18.9 mpg to 14.9.

IMG_4328.jpg
IMG_4420.jpg

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We just installed the Mopar lift on the dealership here. Looks nice. I think it came with different control arms. Mechanic said it's a nice lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray 2019 Rubicon Unlimited on the way. Basically going to make mine look just like yours Roky. Even have the Ridge Grapplers on order. Did do the steel bumper, and got the advanced safety package. Love adaptive cruise control

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
E4A9E22D-23F0-491A-9641-5CD07215C7C9.jpeg
E361CC71-091D-48F5-B14D-61ABE03AF3AC.jpeg
I also have the Mopar lift which is great if your only going 2 to 2.5 inch lift. I had the 3.5 inch rough country lift on my Sahara that I sold to buy my rubicon. Not sure which Jeep you have but here is picture of each Jeep, you can see that the rubicon looks higher with the 2” lift than the Sahara with the 3.5” lift. Same 35/12.50s on 20 x 12 fuel wheels on both jeeps. But I don’t think these days you can go wrong with any brand lift. There’s a lot more parody in the lift market now a days. ;)
I think the rubicon fenders are making it look.like that. Runicon springs only help lift the Sahara a inch.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Main difference is the cruise, etorque on the V6, full speed collision warning and brake assist. I other changes I know if. With the discounts Jeep has and lack of rebates, might as well spend a little more for 19. I’ll get it back in resale.

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
I’m waiting for aev. Should hit the market soon. They’ve always had a far better kit for 4 doors from a ride quality perspective than anything else on the market.

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
Metalcloak seems to have a good reputation in the marketplace. They offer both 2.5" & 3.5" kits.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m waiting for aev. Should hit the market soon. They’ve always had a far better kit for 4 doors from a ride quality perspective than anything else on the market.
I love when people state their opinion as fact. Have you test driven RK, EVO, Teraflex, or Metalcloak?

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
I love when people state their opinion as fact. Have you test driven RK, EVO, Teraflex, or Metalcloak?
Let’s assume that I have driven, installed and worked on all of those. Would that make a difference or are you just blowing off steam here.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
It’s going to subjective in the end. Also, tire load rating, and weight of the Jeep is a factor. I have owned JK’s with all of the listed lifts except EVO. I would list them as follows in ride quality.

1. Metal Cloak
2. Rock Krawler
3. AEV
4. Teraflex

YMMV

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I am back and forth constantly on which kit to get myself. It is my DD. I wheel about 1-2x a month during spring-fall, not so much in the winter. Mostly trails and logs and mud, nothing to crazy crawl wise. I put 35s (C grade) KO2 on my JLUR stock suspension.

I can get get the RK xfactor w falcons for the same price as the MC game changer (rocksport) 2.5”.

Are these overkill? Still scared of the Mopar issues who’s reputation precedes themselves as overcharging based on their name. and other kits come with a lot more for that price point. I’ve actually heard several instances of fox shocks leaking and the mopar lift needing track bars afterwards.

Is there a NEED for new control arms? Trackbars? Adjustable versions of these? This will be my first Jeep I lift. I definitely want a full kit with springs and shocks (no spacer or shock extension kits)

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am back and forth constantly on which kit to get myself. It is my DD. I wheel about 1-2x a month during spring-fall, not so much in the winter. Mostly trails and logs and mud, nothing to crazy crawl wise. I put 35s (C grade) KO2 on my JLUR stock suspension.

I can get get the RK xfactor w falcons for the same price as the MC game changer (rocksport) 2.5”.

Are these overkill? Still scared of the Mopar issues who’s reputation precedes themselves as overcharging based on their name. and other kits come with a lot more for that price point. I’ve actually heard several instances of fox shocks leaking and the mopar lift needing track bars afterwards.

Is there a NEED for new control arms? Trackbars? Adjustable versions of these? This will be my first Jeep I lift. I definitely want a full kit with springs and shocks (no spacer or shock extension kits)
I paid $1177.00 for my mopar 2 inch through my dealer. I didn’t find anything close to that price with all that comes with the mopar plus they gave me a lifetime warranty. $1710 installed with tax and an alignment. I have only had for a couple of days but so far so good.
Sponsored