Dynatrac lift for Ecodiesel

JSA

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
After doing a good bit of research, I was excited to decide on the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift for my 2021 JLU Ecodiesel.

I wrote them directly asking about the actual lift height, and they wrote me back saying that the kit is not designed for the Ecodiesel, but provided no details as to why.

Does anyone know why this could be? Is the suspension different on the Ecodiesel? If not, is it due to the additional weight? And if so, would that make any real difference?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
After doing a good bit of research, I was excited to decide on the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift for my 2021 JLU Ecodiesel.

I wrote them directly asking about the actual lift height, and they wrote me back saying that the kit is not designed for the Ecodiesel, but provided no details as to why.

Does anyone know why this could be? Is the suspension different on the Ecodiesel? If not, is it due to the additional weight? And if so, would that make any real difference?

Thanks in advance.
The additional weight would definitely impact the lift if it were intended for 3.6s and 2.0s. Check out Clayton, Metalcloak, and AEV. Forums can skew results but I have read less bad things about those 3 lifts in regards to the diesel. Good luck :like:

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link

Thanks in advance.
As others have mentioned it is all about weight and spring rate. The ecodiesel is something like 400 heavier in the front. The spring rate needed for that (linear rate) is probably 170 - 190 and even with that, longer than a gas spring to allow for a bit more compression. A spring with a rate of 125 - 140 is going to struggle to handle the weight, it will collapse further before holding the vehicle and the vehicle will want to compress it further and faster under dynamic load, putting greater stress on the shocks. RK and Clayton are both great options, MC makes great suspensions but I have yet to see them release their spring rates for the diesel.

I cover this topic quite a bit in my JLURD build thread: Diesel Build - 2020 Sting-Gray JLURD | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

Sponsored

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd

Thanks in advance.
What did you end up going with?
I'm looking for suspension that provides a smooth ride on road and on washboard, so difficult to find real tests/reviews.

OP
OP

JSA

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar. It rides great.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
OP
OP

JSA

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m running 37” as well with no issues. I’m upgrading shocks next week to tuned Fox 2.5
Sponsored