Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If ORACLE is still looking at these posts I'd like to hear there option on the drivers side light being way to tight on installing it into the bumper.
It is definitely tight. I tried to get it out after dropping the screw into the bumper but could not pry it out. I was afraid it would break so I left it. Can see it falling out with out the screw that for sure.
Sponsored

bfoster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
Hello everyone-

I am trying to install these on my 2018 JL Rubicon. I got the reflectors out... getting the screws out without removing the bumper wasn't that hard at all honestly. Getting the new screws in is another story... thank goodness that they are super tight and for 2 sided tape.

The issue I am having is with the wiring. The instructions say to use the purple and orange wires. I have tried this on both the driver and passenger side and they do not come on. I have attached a photo of the wiring with arrows pointing to the wires I am trying to use... can someone confirm that these are the right wires or show a picture of how you wired them?

Also, I do have a tow package and I know @Rhinebeck01 mentioned in another post that you could just tap into that and then ground to the frame or bumper with a self tapping screw. If someone has a photo of the best way to do that and specifically which wire to use that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!
Bryan

20210109_124854.jpg

ShannonC

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I JLU
Hello everyone-

I am trying to install these on my 2018 JL Rubicon. I got the reflectors out... getting the screws out without removing the bumper wasn't that hard at all honestly. Getting the new screws in is another story... thank goodness that they are super tight and for 2 sided tape.

The issue I am having is with the wiring. The instructions say to use the purple and orange wires. I have tried this on both the driver and passenger side and they do not come on. I have attached a photo of the wiring with arrows pointing to the wires I am trying to use... can someone confirm that these are the right wires or show a picture of how you wired them?

Also, I do have a tow package and I know @Rhinebeck01 mentioned in another post that you could just tap into that and then ground to the frame or bumper with a self tapping screw. If someone has a photo of the best way to do that and specifically which wire to use that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!
Bryan

Jeep Wrangler JL [FULL] GROUPBUY: ORACLE Lighting Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 20210109_124854
This is a pretty good video. If I had the tow package this is how I would do it.

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 LR4, '21 F-150 FX4, '08 620i Gator

bfoster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a pretty good video. If I had the tow package this is how I would do it.
Thanks Shannon... just what I was looking for. I had come across that video in another thread but at that time I was looking for the easy way to remove the reflectors and I stopped watching when he removed the bumper.

Anyway... that was a much easier and cleaner install so thanks again.

@Rhinebeck01 thanks again for reaching out and offering to help as well... love this community!

Sponsored

bfoster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Shannon... just what I was looking for. I had come across that video in another thread but at that time I was looking for the easy way to remove the reflectors and I stopped watching when he removed the bumper.

Anyway... that was a much easier and cleaner install so thanks again.

@Rhinebeck01 thanks again for reaching out and offering to help as well... love this community!

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
So I installed my set Saturday night, finished around 11:00 pm. Thought; what a perfect time to test these out. Drove around the block and then went to back into the driveway...”Holy Cow is that bright” I thought as I shifted into reverse, “oops, they’re gone, oh no, there they are, no they’re gone again“...the new lights flashed on a third time then completely dead.
I wired them to the “light side” of the plug on my OEM LED taillights.
anyone else have problems with these?

@ORACLElights

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed this weekend. I took the bumper off to make it easier and I am glad I did. The wring took a little longer cause I pigtailed them together and added wire to take them up to my aux 4 switch. This way I can use them when I want too.

60C4044C-52A8-4C66-AB14-34B274AD6F59.jpeg

D39B370E-49D8-4104-B886-4D25C6B47E9A.jpeg

A6692E29-81C0-4FD4-A84C-58119544A2C7.jpeg

EB60E5F7-8B19-462A-B2AE-A1A421279BED.jpeg

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Been here myself. Took some persuading.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-reverse-lights.44065/post-1354087

Just noticed today, btw, my passenger side has condensation in it.
Hey Mike, could you DM us a photo of the condensation and your order number for our product team to look into this? Thanks!

So I installed my set Saturday night, finished around 11:00 pm. Thought; what a perfect time to test these out. Drove around the block and then went to back into the driveway...”Holy Cow is that bright” I thought as I shifted into reverse, “oops, they’re gone, oh no, there they are, no they’re gone again“...the new lights flashed on a third time then completely dead.
I wired them to the “light side” of the plug on my OEM LED taillights.
anyone else have problems with these?

@ORACLElights
Hey there! That's usually a result of a poor connection at the T-Tap. Ensure both T-Taps are fully biting into the reverse light wire behind the taillight.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
For this Back-up light project on a 2021 JL, I decided against T-tapping into existing wire. Instead, I made a pigtail jumper (extension) to go between the left rear taillight assembly and the Jeep wiring harness. This way, I can remove this, put the original connectors back together, and it's in factory fresh condition.

That connection uses 12-pin MX-150 Molex connector. I am connecting my new LED backup lights to this pigtail using Anderson Powerpole connectors, but it's just as easy to use traditional butt connectors. Both are shown here.

When buying the supplies, I bought extra. And I’ve spent a lot of money on release tools and crimping tools for open barrel Molex connectors and release tools and crimpers for Anderson Powerpole connectors. And I’ve ruined a few connectors learning how to crimp them. Haha.

So if I can save others the expense and headaches of trying to do it themselves, and instead provide these to them, I can do that. (Notice the striped wiring I’m using to match the factory wire colors). Price would be about $30 plus shipping, I think. I’m not yet set on the price, but working it out.

Or I can point you to the components, tools and wire, and you can build it yourself. I have about $250 invested, $100 of that is for the Anderson Powerpole kit that I’ll be using for radio installations.

I would welcome your thoughts and comments.

Jeep Wrangler JL [FULL] GROUPBUY: ORACLE Lighting Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 10DD0985-9FFA-4B39-A7CA-8BC4DD2D3291
Jeep Wrangler JL [FULL] GROUPBUY: ORACLE Lighting Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 05364F5E-F190-4AEE-8AE0-19FAF1309A18

The open-barrel crimp has to be perfect, or it won’t slide into the Molex connector.
Jeep Wrangler JL [FULL] GROUPBUY: ORACLE Lighting Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL CDCF545C-9B69-47D1-B747-AA99CA0D55CA

Sponsored

NightriderWRX

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Have you noticed lines in your rearview camera screen after installing these? I guess the led lights are too powerful for the camera to fully pickup?

Got mine installed this weekend. I took the bumper off to make it easier and I am glad I did. The wring took a little longer cause I pigtailed them together and added wire to take them up to my aux 4 switch. This way I can use them when I want too.

60C4044C-52A8-4C66-AB14-34B274AD6F59.jpeg

D39B370E-49D8-4104-B886-4D25C6B47E9A.jpeg

A6692E29-81C0-4FD4-A84C-58119544A2C7.jpeg

EB60E5F7-8B19-462A-B2AE-A1A421279BED.jpeg

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
For this Back-up light project on a 2021 JL, I decided against T-tapping into existing wire. Instead, I made a pigtail jumper (extension) to go between the left rear taillight assembly and the Jeep wiring harness. This way, I can remove this, put the original connectors back together, and it's in factory fresh condition.

That connection uses 12-pin MX-150 Molex connector. I am connecting my new LED backup lights to this pigtail using Anderson Powerpole connectors, but it's just as easy to use traditional butt connectors. Both are shown here.

When buying the supplies, I bought extra. And I’ve spent a lot of money on release tools and crimping tools for open barrel Molex connectors and release tools and crimpers for Anderson Powerpole connectors. And I’ve ruined a few connectors learning how to crimp them. Haha.

So if I can save others the expense and headaches of trying to do it themselves, and instead provide these to them, I can do that. (Notice the striped wiring I’m using to match the factory wire colors). Price would be about $30 plus shipping, I think. I’m not yet set on the price, but working it out.

Or I can point you to the components, tools and wire, and you can build it yourself. I have about $250 invested, $100 of that is for the Anderson Powerpole kit that I’ll be using for radio installations.

Jeep Wrangler JL [FULL] GROUPBUY: ORACLE Lighting Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL CDCF545C-9B69-47D1-B747-AA99CA0D55CA

The open-barrel crimp has to be perfect, or it won’t slide into the Molex connector.
I'd be open to buy a set (or is one side enough for the two lights?)

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Have you noticed lines in your rearview camera screen after installing these? I guess the led lights are too powerful for the camera to fully pickup?
The first picture with the red tail lights is without the lights on . The second one is with the lights on and the red is gone

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'd be open to buy a set (or is one side enough for the two lights?)
According to Oracle, both lights can be powered from one side.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

There's a list of folks that have contacted me and want one, so I'm ordering more components. Should be here and done by the end of the week. Send a PM if you haven't already so I get you on the list.
Sponsored