SimonRay

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Hi!
I just swapped out my stock headlights and foglamps on my 2016 Wrangler and have got them working. But I have to turn the lights on during the day as otherwise the full beams go on alongside the daylight running lights. Anybody else had this problem? and what was the solution! It has something to do with in Canada the DRL's have to be on all the time by law unlike in the USA.

Jeep Wrangler JL Installing LED lights in a 2016 Wrangler Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 21.18.37
Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
Hi!
I just swapped out my stock headlights and foglamps on my 2016 Wrangler and have got them working. But I have to turn the lights on during the day as otherwise the full beams go on alongside the daylight running lights. Anybody else had this problem? and what was the solution! It has something to do with in Canada the DRL's have to be on all the time by law unlike in the USA.

Jeep Wrangler JL Installing LED lights in a 2016 Wrangler Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 21.18.37
I'm not 100% sure how the Sunpie headlights work or how they are wired up, but you may need to buy yourself the AEV Procal Module for JK in order to get your headlights working the way you want.

I ran the JW Speaker 8700 J LED headlights on my 2012 JK, and with the AEV Procal Module for the JK I was able to program my DRLs to come on in a number of different ways i.e, Regular intensity low beam, Half intensity high beam, Marker lights/Turn signals, European (never got this option to work), Fog lights or even turn them off entirely.

I ran my JW Speaker LEDs in the Half intensity high beam setting for about 5 years with no issues.

Keep in mind that the JW Speaker LED's were 100% plug and play with no need for anti flicker modules or any additional wiring, so your Sunpie headlights might not work the same way.

JW Speaker 8700 J_DRL Alone.jpg