Sponsored

Jeep snobbery - RANT

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
What does 20K+ edge mean? Sorry...not familiar.

**EDIT** 20 thou thickness on the edge itself, maybe? Sorry for the dumb questions.
Sorry for the confusion. It means the grit rating of the Hone(stone) used to sharpen the razor. The higher the grit rating, the finer the polish put on the steel. You start with low grits, typically 1K-3K to set the bevel, and work your way up to the higher(finer) grit stones.
Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hijacking someone else's thread is at the very least utter disrespect for fellow forum members.

If you want to discuss razors, create a thread on that topic on the miscellaneous section of the forum. See how many people care.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Hopefully it's something that leads to me being able to dust off my Thunderdome references. "Two man enter, one man leaves" muahaha!
Mike - c'mon! :giggle: Quit pretending that you are THAT old! Coz your not.

I personally don't give a flying **** what other people think about my Wrangler (Sport S) I love it, love driving it, love looking at it. If someone else doesn't think it's "whatever" enough for them, **** 'em!
Timmy, I totally second what you say - its one true love that you have with your Wrangler. I was away for a little over a week driving my CRV and when I came back home, I see my Wrangler ... I was like "Hello my loveeeeeee" and then I realized that that is really ****ed up so I went to see my shrink and he gave me some squishmallows to play to compensate for my obsession for my Wrangler. I am sure you feel the same way (c'mon don't deny it - I can send you a therapeutic squishmallow if you want - they are so freaking cuddly)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 1603380690866

I have some nasty photos of a razor cut to the face from my days working in Prison. Prisoners would make a cut that we as the staff would call the buck fifty. The buck fifty stands for approx. 150 stiches to sew it back together. The cut goes from the edge of the lip to the ear and usually done with a razor blade melted into toothbrush handle. The assault is carried out from behind. Looks nasty, but not deadly. Even saw a prisoner get his ear cut off over a ten dollar debt. I could go on for weeks about this.

But back to straight razors. I have two of them from my great grandfather. They have to be from the late 1800s. They kind of slipped my mind. I might have to break them out and learn a new skill.
Ted and I thought that all these only happen in HBO Oz. Okay okay I lie - but a fellow I know went to jail for coupon fraud (he printed hundreds of copies of some milk formula coupon and then went to WalMart around the country to redeemed them) - he was caught in FL - and his statement was, I did NOT know that this is such a big offense. Needless say he went to jail for 6 months with his friend, and I think he learned fast that he should not take any favor from anyone and if someone give him problem the first day - he had to fight back to show that no one ****s with him. Oh he also found out that he can make friends and curry favors using cup ramen noodles! That's whacked.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 1603381465691

Your description about how razor blade are used sounds ultra scary. A good motivation not to do dumb thing and go to jail.

@wibornz , Before you attempt to shave with them, or sharpen them, have them Honed professionally. Not by someone that is just skilled in sharpening knives. If you need a link to a well respected guy, who Hones razors for a living, at a very reasonable cost, let me know. He has been doing this for 20 or so years, an considered one of the best. He also restores old razors.
I have had a couple Honed by him, to compare my work, and he is top notch.
Lemme tell you one thing - I am Chinese! A big stocky (I am NOT fat, I am really JUST big boned - NO - really really) Chinese guy and you know what they said about wanting what you don't have?? Well since I am not that hairy enough and more evolutionary advance than you hairy cromagnons (thats what my college professor said - I think he was trying to be sympathetic when I disappointingly told him that Rogaine does not work for growing facial hair - I tried but it only give me pimples) I still wish that well I can have more facial hair, but all I have is this pathetic weak goatee (although I did realized the older I get, the thicker my goatee gets - hah thats MY incentive of getting old)

Okay I read what I say - especially about using Rogaine to grow facial hair and I realized that I am pretty ****ed up.

Anyhoo my point is - gee I did not know that they are so many things involves shaving??!! I thought that you just buy a dozen of Gillette Mach or even better since I am afraid of blades (I am hemophobic) I am just gonna use Phillips electric shaver. Perhaps for one short minute - I am glad that I am not a hairy guy.....

But then... *sighhhhhh*

Hijacking someone else's thread is at the very least utter disrespect for fellow forum members.

If you want to discuss razors, create a thread on that topic on the miscellaneous section of the forum. See how many people care.
YEA YOU PEOPLE!!! That is totally disrespect for fellow forum members! I am totally disgusted at you people for have the nerve of getting off on a tangent and discussing irrelevant stuff that does not have anything to do with Jeep. Like talking about using Rogaine to grow facial hair. Stick to the topic people!!! Don't make Aldo come after you!! Pshhh!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 1nerve

One last non Jeep related statement - I promise ya Aldo I was not trying to hijack the thread, I was just contributing to the mass craziness here. I was at Costco yesterday and I think I must have say something really stupid to the manager and the store manager was so tickled that he offered me a free rotisserie chicken. I get free Starbucks or treats for being mouthy - but a free rotisserie chicken was a new one. Of course I denied the kind gesture. You don't take rotisserie chicken from a stranger. That is just wrong.

Told ya this thread is funny!!! I was laughing so hard yesterday. I will stop. Cheers.

Last edited:

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

Well at least the razor content had people sharing information and not trying to psycho analyze each other over speech and violence choices.

Besides, shaving with a straight razor makes me feel snobbish toward the disposable crowd! isn’t that how this useless thread started?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mike - c'mon! :giggle: Quit pretending that you are THAT old! Coz your
40, actually. Some days I physically feel like 70. Mentally, I've always been about 20 years ahead of my body, but can summon my inner 6 yo or 16 yo at will, depending on the given situation.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, now that you brought up Cartridge Razors, :clap: @KenPewPew , they are the Devils Shaving Tool. Good shaves went down hill, when people started using them. Also, the Canned Goo pretty much sucks too.
There are now many many products available to help people get quality shaves.
My wife, and 14 yr old daughter use Vintage Double Edge razors, that were made in the early -mid 60's. The the daughter knows nothing else, but the wife has used hers for over 5 years, and swears she will never go back to Cart. Razors. The blades for Double Edge Razors can be had online, for around $10, for high quality ones.
It is a fun hobby, but it was necessary for many like me.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Stop trying to "Bully Me"!!!!!!!

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
40, actually. Some days I physically feel like 70. Mentally, I've always been about 20 years ahead of my body, but can summon my inner 6 yo or 16 yo at will, depending on the given situation.
What are you complaining about Mike - you have like the best therapy tool in the world!!!! I envy you!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 20170916_122719

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Back to the topic at hand.

The other day, I had just hopped up and into my Jeep when I noticed the guy in the car on my left was staring at me. I nodded politely, but he then sat down into his Subaru and stood back out and commented how nice it is to be able to get in and out with no hands. He said it in a very snobbish manner that left me feeling ridiculed.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Back to the topic at hand.

The other day, I had just hopped up and into my Jeep when I noticed the guy in the car on my left was staring at me. I nodded politely, but he then sat down into his Subaru and stood back out and commented how nice it is to be able to get in and out with no hands. He said it in a very snobbish manner that left me feeling ridiculed.
Wait bro- I don't get it. What do you mean get in and out with no hands? And most prolly he is jealous because he is driving a Subaru! :giggle:

It is sorta gloomy, foggy and overcast here in New York City - and I think that both Mike and I are wasting too much time having fun with this thread instead of being productive.

Thanks for the distractions Aldo!! :like:

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When my kids were younger, I had to watch "Mean Girls". This thread reminds me of all the hurt feelings.

Nd9GcRvYHqraULMU07hK7x1tsMqMBY6UeIg4E_qxA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Sponsored