DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm drinking a nice, 33 degree Gold Peak unsweetened iced tea, right now as I read this. I took ice cream sandwiches for snack duty after baseball. I set the fridge to 7 below zero. They were frozen solid and hard when we gave them to the kids. They had been in the freezer for 3 hours in 90 degree heat during the game.

Like I said before, once you live with one of these things, you won't go back to a cooler.
Sponsored

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm drinking a nice, 33 degree Gold Peak unsweetened iced tea, right now as I read this. I took ice cream sandwiches for snack duty after baseball. I set the fridge to 7 below zero. They were frozen solid and hard when we gave them to the kids. They had been in the freezer for 3 hours in 90 degree heat during the game.

Like I said before, once you live with one of these things, you won't go back to a cooler.
Now you all are making me want to get one!

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
This thread convinced me. Bought a small alpicool to test the waters... fits in one of the lockers on my boat and leaves plenty of room in the back of the Jeep. We mostly do day trips with the Jeep so I don’t need a huge cooler. I feel like I’ll use it more in the boat, but it will be nice to be able to move back and forth. Thanks for all of the great input in this thread.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
This thread convinced me. Bought a small alpicool to test the waters...
Last yer we bought an Alpicool, thinking ti would be an inexpensive starter as we determined what our needs really are. so far it has worked great, no issues, and it is quiet. Enjoy yours.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last yer we bought an Alpicool, thinking ti would be an inexpensive starter as we determined what our needs really are. so far it has worked great, no issues, and it is quiet. Enjoy yours.
Those things are suprisingly good! I bought a 20qt because much of the time my 35L Snomaster is too big for just carrying around a few drinks. Or, I can take both and use this one as a freezer.

I added this foam insulation around it to help it out a little, and it did exactly that, making the compressor work a little less hard. You could feel the cold on the outside of it, but not now. Foam Insulation

Next up, I'm going to epoxy a couple loops or something on it so I can tie it down.

Without foam. (And you can see how little space it takes)
fDUb64Z.jpg

With foam

vhZqq5t.jpg

Snomaster....You can see it takes up a bit more space. With the insulated cover, it feels like it takes up even more.

cJFxpeC.jpg

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Those things are suprisingly good! I bought a 20qt because much of the time my 35L Snomaster is too big for just carrying around a few drinks. Or, I can take both and use this one as a freezer.

I added this foam insulation around it to help it out a little, and it did exactly that, making the compressor work a little less hard. You could feel the cold on the outside of it, but not now. Foam Insulation

Next up, I'm going to epoxy a couple loops or something on it so I can tie it down.

fDUb64Z.jpg

With foam

vhZqq5t.jpg

Snomaster....You can see it takes up a bit more space. With the insulated cover, it feels like it takes up even more.

cJFxpeC.jpg
What tie downs are you using?

Also—has anyone who runs with a fridge frequently/permanently tried modding the cargo hatch cover so it’s at least partly accessible? I’m thinking of buying a junkyard one for this purpose

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What tie downs are you using?

Also—has anyone who runs with a fridge frequently/permanently tried modding the cargo hatch cover so it’s at least partly accessible? I’m thinking of buying a junkyard one for this purpose
I just use bungee cords and a bike lock to keep someone from just walking off with my fridge when the top is down.

Sponsored

Dangitbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Sport S

fDUb64Z.jpg

With foam

vhZqq5t.jpg

cJFxpeC.jpg
Love this idea! Did you go with the 1/8" or 1/4" thick foam. Thanks for including the link. I'll be doing the same on my fridge.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Love this idea! Did you go with the 1/8" or 1/4" thick foam. Thanks for including the link. I'll be doing the same on my fridge.
I think 1/8". I'll have to look at it, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Btw, a nice side benefit is that when it slides around and bumps into the plastic trim, it is soft, so it won't scratch or mar it. It also won't rattle against it.

PYLDRVR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR

Jeep Wrangler JL 12V Fridge & freezer cJFxpeC

With foam

Is that the LS35?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase