12V Fridge & freezer

PYLDRVR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR
Yep. Here it is with a cover. Great fridge!
GgBHwjz.jpg
How do you feel about its capacity? There's only the two of us and a small dog. Would it be overkill for a weekend for two people?
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
How do you feel about its capacity? There's only the two of us and a small dog. Would it be overkill for a weekend for two people?
I think it would be great. You could take everything you need or want and with only 2 people have plenty of cargo room. It is only overkill for me when all I want to carry are cold drinks.

PYLDRVR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR
I think it would be great. You could take everything you need or want and with only 2 people have plenty of cargo room. It is only overkill for me when all I want to carry are cold drinks.
Cool. Thanks!

Online reviews are nice and all but it's great to hear from someone who actually uses a thing.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
@JASPER

I received two “angry” notifications from you on this thread. What exactly did you not like to much?

brett

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I ordered mine from here on Sunday and I have tracking number that says it’s arriving next Monday. They are also having a sales price as well so win win. The recall is only related when you install it in a rv

https://www.southernxpeditions.com/dometic/dometic-cfx3-45
I jumped on this sale and purchased one last Monday. It’s Monday again (a week later) and nothing beyond the automated order confirmation for me yet. No replies to my emails on Friday either. Hopefully they’re just out on the trail...

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I jumped on this sale and purchased one last Monday. It’s Monday again (a week later) and nothing beyond the automated order confirmation for me yet. No replies to my emails on Friday either. Hopefully they’re just out on the trail...
I received mine last week as expected and it has been sitting inside as a beer fridge for now. Still waiting on a few parts to come before i start fitting things into the jeep. Shoot them an email and see what is up. Good luck

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Here’s my first test of my fridge/battery system:

alpicool 16q fridge
Jackery 240 accessory battery

Jeep Wrangler JL 12V Fridge & freezer 1598393524296

I fanned a crappy mount to hold the battery but it does the job for now.

first trial today. Jackery charged to 100%, fridge was cooled via 110v overnight to 37d. Only 2 small items in the fridge.

while at work I parked my black Jeep in partial sun; 88 degrees outside. 4 hours in fridge at 38d with jackery at 60%..not good

after another 4 hours (8 total hours) fridge is at 41d and pulling 52w. The jackery battery is down to 19%.

wow! Much larger draw than I expected. Unfortunately this isn’t going to work as well as planned. definitely going to need solar as an adjunct power source when camping. Adding an insulating blanket and filling the fridge may help. I was hoping that despite going with a generic brand that the motor wouldn’t draw as much or be as inefficient.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I received mine last week as expected and it has been sitting inside as a beer fridge for now. Still waiting on a few parts to come before i start fitting things into the jeep. Shoot them an email and see what is up. Good luck
Thanks for the info, that's promising. Just heard back from the owner, said it shipped out last week. He said he's got no tracking info though as their shipping/receiving department didn't update the order with tracking info for some reason. Fingers crossed it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Have had horrible luck with shipping large items lately. lol

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s my first test of my fridge/battery system:

alpicool 16q fridge
Jackery 240 accessory battery

Jeep Wrangler JL 12V Fridge & freezer 1598393524296

I fanned a crappy mount to hold the battery but it does the job for now.

first trial today. Jackery charged to 100%, fridge was cooled via 110v overnight to 37d. Only 2 small items in the fridge.

while at work I parked my black Jeep in partial sun; 88 degrees outside. 4 hours in fridge at 38d with jackery at 60%..not good

after another 4 hours (8 total hours) fridge is at 41d and pulling 52w. The jackery battery is down to 19%.

wow! Much larger draw than I expected. Unfortunately this isn’t going to work as well as planned. definitely going to need solar as an adjunct power source when camping. Adding an insulating blanket and filling the fridge may help. I was hoping that despite going with a generic brand that the motor wouldn’t draw as much or be as inefficient.
The Alpicool's compressor is not as efficient as the more expensive fridges, but it also isn't insulated well. Put some 1/8" adhesive foam around it and it will help. (or even 1/4") It also helps to pre-cool it when full up with drinks and/or food items. I think you'll see better results that way. It just works better with stuff in it. One nice thing is that if you are on a trip, the Jackery can be charged while the fridge is plugged into it.

Rammer

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon and 2014 Rubicon
If you have the 110 volt (150watt)built in inverter it will charge the Jackery at 81 watts instead of 44 watts using the 12 volt cord.

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Temporary fridge setup till i complete the dual battery and storage setup from AAL as well as fridge slide from DFG offroad. I had it plugged in to the factory outlet and besides my oem battery being utter crap cause it doesnt charge completely i had no issue with overnight camping. arriving in camp around 4-5pm and leaving around noon.

CFX3 45 fits pretty good and isnt tight at all.

EhmbTBZ.jpg

MDPiCsY.jpg

YhRmawg.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JL Wrangler Unlimited
@rustyshakelford

I see you have the Snomaster 56/60. Do you know if this will fit 90 degrees from the way you have it the back of your Jeep? I have a 2019 JL and I am trying to figure out what size coolers I can fit on one side of the Jeep in the cargo area instead of longways like you have it.

Mathami

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 4D Sport
I’m thinking of a small cooler in front in the center console, couldn’t find anything online, is this out of the question?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’m thinking of a small cooler in front in the center console, couldn’t find anything online, is this out of the question?
It’s way too small, IMO. I’ve seen them for the F series pick ups but they have a center console that is much larger. Even then they cost as much as a full size and only hold a 6 pack.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Jeep Wrangler JL 12V Fridge & freezer 3B3736E1-FA88-48C4-BA85-F21A01369984

I know many of you have done this but moving your 12v plug/socket saves a few precious inches of cargo space.
Sponsored