Sponsored

Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude

Does your Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude working?

• Total voters

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
JLUR, 3.6, loaded. The off road page dwnld has caused a lot of minor issues with uconnect, including not having altitude and GPS coordinates. I did bring it to the dealership. Left it over night. They did not understand the problem ... so I took the JLUR back with me. I've decided to wait until after June 2019 to let the dealerships get up to speed with addressing uconnect issues. Dealership mechanics have little training in solving uconnect issues.

No way will I allow the JL to be at the dealership for weeks on end so they can figure out what is going on. Uconnect engineers should talk directly with customers to get these issues resolved. Mechanics add little value.
Yeah, those damn mechanics are a waste of resources. Let's have all the idiots that think they can design and fix a complex mechanism like the JL walk into the FCA design studios and the dealer service departments and solve all of our problems.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! I have a 2019.
I'm guessing they ran out of 2018 door tags so they stuck some of the new 2019 tags on the last of the 2018s. Guess they pulled one over on you.

From the posts this seems mainly a 2018 issue that was updated for the 2019. Maybe the fix was loaded on production line starting the day after yours was built.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on the “fix”?

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
I'm guessing they ran out of 2018 door tags so they stuck some of the new 2019 tags on the last of the 2018s. Guess they pulled one over on you.

From the posts this seems mainly a 2018 issue that was updated for the 2019. Maybe the fix was loaded on production line starting the day after yours was built.
Strange my 2019 doesn’t work either.

Sponsored

Deleted member 29342

I’m having the same issue. I was affected when Uconnect released its market app and I lost my off road page. Since I got it back about 1 week my altitude and N E have been blank. Then again I don’t think they have ever work since I have took delivery of my Jeep back in April 2019 witch I have waiting for them to build it.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded from a 7" to 8.4" Uconnect (factory new radio which came with software version 21.10 installed) on my '18 Sport S.

This week I installed a Tazer mini W/ the Beta update 11.2.1 to get ORP.

ORP works with the exception that it doesn’t show the altitude, longitude or latitude settings. It shows - - in those fields. When I access nav/maps and select current location>views GPS it shows the altitude, longitude and latitude.

I did pull fuse 97. After starting the vehicle and accessing ORP it showed the altitude, longitude and latitude settings. I thought it was fixed but when I started the Jeep 10 minutes later those settings only show - - again.

I tried disabling ORP, full Tazer reboot, Reenabled ORP, full Tazer reboot but no luck.

Pulled fuse 97 a couple different times thereafter and still shows - - in those fields.

Anyone else find a fix?

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Jeep has tested and found a fix for "--" for long/lat, alt in ORPs. Last update was: Jeep was not certain how this fix will be rolled out. It's been over a month now since that last update. I'll call in next week to get another update. I have a 2018 JLUR w Uconnect 4C (8.4") nav..

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep has tested and found a fix for "--" for long/lat, alt in ORPs. Last update was: Jeep was not certain how this fix will be rolled out. It's been over a month now since that last update. I'll call in next week to get another update. I have a 2018 JLUR w Uconnect 4C (8.4") nav..

That’s good news. However my 8.4 did not come factory installed I have to ask the dealer if they will update it for me. I don’t mind paying the $100 they charge if it will fix the problem.

Dealership told me the current update is 28.3. So if I understand, your saying another update after 28.3 is pending.

interestingly I’ve talked with a JLU Sport owner and a JLU Sahara owner who both did aftermarket upgraded 8.4 as I did and they used the Tazer beta update 11.2.1 (which is what I did too) to enable ORP and their GPS settings work!

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Yeah, it's hit or miss with the long/lat, alt issue.

5 months ago, the dealer confirmed the issue with new JLUR stock. lol.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Uconnect has completely dropped the ball on the entire ORP roll out. They are already abandoning Uconnect 4 and working on version 5 with wireless android auto and more new features. I don't think we will see much more support.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Next week I'll ask Jeep specifically about Uconnect 4 vs 5 and if "--" fix will be in 4 and not 5.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please update us if you get any new info.

Yesterday I was playing with the nav gps coordinates settings - then switching from nav to ORP. I'm not certain how it happened but once it showed the GPS coordinates on the ORP! I though hmmm maybe it's fixed. Shut Jeep off came back 5 minutes later and they disappeared again. :(

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
@JeepCares

Got an email response from Jeep/FCA "US_Customer_Care". They said my case was closed. I asked them to reopen the case because I never received the firmware fix. I'll call my previous Jeep Cares rep later this week to ask where is the fix for Uconnect 4 … and I will specifically ask whether the fix was diverted to the future Uconnect 5, rather than Uconnect 4C.

Yeah, I'll never forgot Jeep trying to prevent 2018 JLURs from getting Off Road Pages (they tried to divert the work to 2019 models, but 2018 owners made a big deal out of this and Jeep/FCA relented and provided ORPs in 4Q/2018 to 2018 owners). Unbelievable :(.

"Dear JAMES JOHNSON,
Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Care.
Our records indicate that case number 71628242 is closed.
If you require further assistance please contact us and we would be happy to assist.
Thank you and have a great day.
FCA Customer Care"

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I've called Uconnect and ask them to inquire when this fix will be out. Normally, this information is not known ahead of time … the fix just appears one day. It's unlikely there will be a response, but at least the inquiry will be made.
Sponsored