Now getting frustrated!!!!!!

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR on order. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Mega cab
So as some of you may know I got to go to Toledo Assy and check out my newly built Jeep after it was built while it was in the Audit room....on February 25th. I know it takes some time to ship but the thing that got me going is Jeep cares chat. Knowing it was built I would chat every couple days to see if there was any movement and then finally last Monday they said it is being shipped to the dealer between March 8-12.......pumped up now...finally had movement plus specific dates!!!! Except now it's the 14th and I have no Jeep???? So I just got back to Jeep cares and they said it is being shipped to the dealer March 15-18th????? I guess I will just find out when it gets there as I know Jeep cares evidently is not very accurate....as a lot of you have pointed out in other posts......Sorry just venting......have been really good up till this point.
Sponsored

JeepTrek

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Subaru Tribeca 2014 Subaru Outback
So as some of you may know I got to go to Toledo Assy and check out my newly built Jeep after it was built while it was in the Audit room....on February 25th. I know it takes some time to ship but the thing that got me going is Jeep cares chat. Knowing it was built I would chat every couple days to see if there was any movement and then finally last Monday they said it is being shipped to the dealer between March 8-12.......pumped up now...finally had movement plus specific dates!!!! Except now it's the 14th and I have no Jeep???? So I just got back to Jeep cares and they said it is being shipped to the dealer March 15-18th????? I guess I will just find out when it gets there as I know Jeep cares evidently is not very accurate....as a lot of you have pointed out in other posts......Sorry just venting......have been really good up till this point.
I hear you! Mine had an ETA of 3/8-3/12 until 3/7 when the ETA became TBD. It is sitting in Ottawa Lake, MI since 3/9. I'm OK with all of this and trying to learn patience, except for the fact that JeepCares has told me on 2 different occasions that it will be shipping out momentarily and should be to Chicago overnight.

I know (thanks to this forum) that would be nearly impossible and I will have to have a scheduled ETA before I can get my hopes up. I have learned in operating small businesses to under promise and over deliver. It seems to be the opposite in this instance. Somewhere on one of the threads, a member posted that they are enjoying the anticipation... I'm trying!

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I guess I understand your frustration, you saw and possibly even touched your JL while it was in the incubator. The rest of us common folk have to rely on stock images. My ETA changed once via JCC, the second ETA was pretty accurate, and the vehicle was delivered in the window. Its almost there, patience is a virtue..... I assure you it WILL be worth the wait!... Just think of all the time you will get back not having to chat with JCC for updates, but your time spent looking at and waiting for aftermarket parts will become your next point of frustration.... just sayin!

Youssefb08

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang (6 speed)
My car is going onto 3 weeks of KZ...no ETA. I don't know what to do anymore....

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
Look at it this way, you could be waiting for Mojito... :cwl:

Sponsored

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you! Mine had an ETA of 3/8-3/12 until 3/7 when the ETA became TBD. It is sitting in Ottawa Lake, MI since 3/9. I'm OK with all of this and trying to learn patience, except for the fact that JeepCares has told me on 2 different occasions that it will be shipping out momentarily and should be to Chicago overnight.

I know (thanks to this forum) that would be nearly impossible and I will have to have a scheduled ETA before I can get my hopes up. I have learned in operating small businesses to under promise and over deliver. It seems to be the opposite in this instance. Somewhere on one of the threads, a member posted that they are enjoying the anticipation... I'm trying!
Now that really sucks.....I am going to Toledo tonight to pick up my new phone, I have to drive by that place in Ottawa Lake (Dana Proving Grounds) and I'll snap a pic. The thing that sucks is they just stock pile the crap out of that place....my cousins wife was actually working there when the Cherokee came out, she was one of the people jockeying vehicles around. Maybe you'll see your Jeep.....parked next to mine!!!

JeepTrek

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Subaru Tribeca 2014 Subaru Outback
Now that really sucks.....I am going to Toledo tonight to pick up my new phone, I have to drive by that place in Ottawa Lake (Dana Proving Grounds) and I'll snap a pic. The thing that sucks is they just stock pile the crap out of that place....my cousins wife was actually working there when the Cherokee came out, she was one of the people jockeying vehicles around. Maybe you'll see your Jeep.....parked next to mine!!!
Haha! Sweet! Firecracker Red, loaded with polished wheels and black hard top!

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I understand your frustration, you saw and possibly even touched your JL while it was in the incubator. The rest of us common folk have to rely on stock images. My ETA changed once via JCC, the second ETA was pretty accurate, and the vehicle was delivered in the window. Its almost there, patience is a virtue..... I assure you it WILL be worth the wait!... Just think of all the time you will get back not having to chat with JCC for updates, but your time spent looking at and waiting for aftermarket parts will become your next point of frustration.... just sayin!
I got to crawl all over it! I would not have bothered me if Jeep Cares didn't give me dates!!!! My wife's birthday was the 8th and that was one of the days they said was scheduled for possible delivery to dealer so I really had myself convinced I was going to be able to give it to her on her b-day....EERRRRR!

Sponsored

Mrs.Hyde

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge ram,caddy escalade.JL on order
Occupation
nurse
How were u able to visit your Jeep in Toledo? im 2hrs away and would love that opportunity.

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How were u able to visit your Jeep in Toledo? im 2hrs away and would love that opportunity.
I work at the Dundee Engine plant (Chrysler) and one of our quality engineers transferred to Toledo Assy and my boss got with him and made it happen...even got paid for the day! My partner came also and we made a day out of it, got a complete tour minus paint but was very cool to see the automation run and their processes. Was a very rare opportunity I think but am thankful they let me do it!

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
2 weeks in KZ still no idea when it is going to ship. There are obviously some issues going on up there, I just hope they get it figured out before I get tired of waiting and move on to something else.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My 2015 Mustang from Michigan to Minnesota...it was truck transported to train yard in Mich...train moved to Chicago and sat for more than two weeks until enough transport cars were collected. Vehicle transport trains have lowest priority...then one day to St Paul, for vehicles to temp parking...vehicles sat for two more days until semi-transporter picked up enough vehicles going NW into central MN. So it will be hurry up and wait again.