Replacement LED Headlights / Fog Lights

baconator_17

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 4 Door
I'm new to all of this and feel very overwhelmed with all these options. I have a 2018 Wrangler JL 4 Door Sport Ocean Blue.

Looking for DRL, Halo, don't need muilti colors maybe they that tie in to the fog lights (Halo maybe as well). I know there are like a million posts on lights, but wanted to see if I could narrow it down to help me make a good decision here. I don't want to break the bank, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Any info from this huge Jeep family would be awesome. You guys know way more than I ever will and looking for some good info. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Cheap lights are just that...cheap. They will leak and fill with water/mud.

That said there is some okay chinese made options around the $300 range for headlights. You really do get what you pay for, I'm not trying to tell you to spend $1,000 on lights but if you get a $50 pair of fogs and $100 headlights expect them to behave like cheap lights too.

I got mine from inspired engineering and they have held up great for over a year now. They aren't the best but I believe that their price/performance/cost lands right in a sweet spot.

https://inspired-engineering.com/collections/headlights

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
I just replaced all of my bulbs with LED bulbs from amazon. So much cheaper than buying the halo style, and they have been great so far!

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
For the Fog Lights I have used the replacement LED Bulbs but, honestly it is hard to beat the OEM LED Fogs which are available and fairly cheap here in the Member Marketplace. I did buy the Kiwi Master Headlights and they are bright with a pretty good cut-off for the light pattern and they have Halos but will require some wiring for the Halos to work. Most connect them to the Heated Seat fuse, F57 or F58 with a micro fuse tap. I connected them to AUX 4 on the auxiliary switches.

Gregj

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
I'm new to all of this and feel very overwhelmed with all these options. I have a 2018 Wrangler JL 4 Door Sport Ocean Blue.

Looking for DRL, Halo, don't need muilti colors maybe they that tie in to the fog lights (Halo maybe as well). I know there are like a million posts on lights, but wanted to see if I could narrow it down to help me make a good decision here. I don't want to break the bank, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Any info from this huge Jeep family would be awesome. You guys know way more than I ever will and looking for some good info. Thanks everyone.
Recommend OEM headlights and fogs, they are sold as "kits" and include instructions, a halo wiring harness and both sales codes necessary for your dealer to flash the BCM. (you won't need a Tazer).. www.bamwholesaleparts.com seems to have the best pricing; headlights are PN 82215136AD / $681.75, fogs are PN 82215163 / $224.

This video comparison offers some good insight on LED headlight options..

I went with the OEM headlights and fogs, the improvement was amazing..

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

This video comparison offers some good insight on LED headlight options

While that video is a great resource, the JL has 9 inch headlights. To use any of those 7 inch lights, you'll need an adapter.

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
While that video is a great resource, the JL has 9 inch headlights. To use any of those 7 inch lights, you'll need an adapter.
Correct... I should have noted that.. the intent of posting that video was their (very positive) assessment of the OEM LED headlights..
Sponsored