Sponsored

(Review): Quake LED JL Headlights and Fog Lights in Sport JLU

Dominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
I can't decide if I want the halo's or the others, I like them both... Any thoughts?
Sponsored

limeyinusa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Sport
Quake LED Headlights and Fog Light install in 2018 Jeep JL Sport I received my Quake LED headlights and fog lights after a long wait. I ordered them about 3 weeks ago and got a call saying there would be a delay for a week. So I was a little perturbed but glad I got a call. I was happy when I got them cause i knew I wasn’t scammed. They are 10 times brighter than the stock halogens and they have crazy cool “RGB” lights I didn’t even know about when I ordered. I stayed up installing them longer than I thought it would take, but I took lots of pictures so I would not forget were everything went. I wasn't planning on posting the install, but I am, so sorry the pix suck. This is what I got when I opened up the boxes.

#2.jpeg

#1.jpeg
You say that they are 10 times brighter which is great. Is the throw and spread better than stock halogens ? Any gues-timate how much better ?

Ed Tom Bell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport
As a follow-up, Quake FedEx'd me the JL Sport bracket kit (thanks!) The brackets fit OK but I ended up slicing off a very small dimple on the bumper to make the lights fit a little better. I'll post pictures and thoughts tomorrow, but here are my immediate pros and cons.

Pros
  • The lights (headlight and foglight) look *awesome*
  • The install was not too difficult, but you do have to drop the bumper, air splitter, etc.
  • The headlights do look like they have a nice beam pattern and are very crisp/clean
Cons
  • The RGB effect is not as bright as I had anticipated, but it looks nice at night
  • The foglight install in a Sport bumper requires new holes/trimming
  • There is way too much RGB cabling. I really wish I had shorter cables.

RE the fog light install- did the Quake brackets work on your Sport? The OEM screws do not fit through the slots provided on the Quake bracket. At first I thought I needed to use the supplied screws but realized there's only 4 of them and they go to the "inside" portion via the adaptors.

Am I the only one w/ this issue?
Sponsored