Sponsored

(Review): Quake LED JL Headlights and Fog Lights in Sport JLU

chimerasaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport
I installed the fog lights next. There are these plastic caps with (7) 7mm screws on each side. I ended up taking the bumper off to make it easier to access them. I own very few tools. It only had (4) 18 mm nuts holding it on. The instructions said remove the (4) T15 torx fog light screws but mine only had (3) and looked different. I called Quake and they told me I had one of (3) styles of fog lights offered in JL and they said there should have been some hardware adaptors, but I didn’t get those in the box. I wasn’t thrilled about this because it meant I could not finish that night, but they said they would overnight them to me. The adapters came quickly, and I was able to finish the install. Since the controller was already installed all I did was connect the RGB wires to the lights arrow to arrow and they were good to go!

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2458.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 3.29.02 PM.png
So, I also ordered the headlights and fog lights. The headlights installed pretty quickly and look great.

Annoyingly, I too was shipped a fog light housing with 4 screws while my bumper has 3 screws; I also did not get an adapter. Kind of annoying since it's Friday. :\
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
So, I also ordered the headlights and fog lights. The headlights installed pretty quickly and look great.

Annoyingly, I too was shipped a fog light housing with 4 screws while my bumper has 3 screws; I also did not get an adapter. Kind of annoying since it's Friday. :\
How is the beam spread (clean line, width)? Do you also have a gap in the headlight bevel?

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS

Did they get the brackets sent out to you? If not messages or call me and I will get them out this morning. I apologize that Jeep had to make so many different designs and it took a few to them all figured out. We are now confident on all the models made and include all three bracket designs on the JL fog lights.
720-576-0157
[email protected]

chimerasaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport

As a follow-up, Quake FedEx'd me the JL Sport bracket kit (thanks!) The brackets fit OK but I ended up slicing off a very small dimple on the bumper to make the lights fit a little better. I'll post pictures and thoughts tomorrow, but here are my immediate pros and cons.

Pros
  • The lights (headlight and foglight) look *awesome*
  • The install was not too difficult, but you do have to drop the bumper, air splitter, etc.
  • The headlights do look like they have a nice beam pattern and are very crisp/clean
Cons
  • The RGB effect is not as bright as I had anticipated, but it looks nice at night
  • The foglight install in a Sport bumper requires new holes/trimming
  • There is way too much RGB cabling. I really wish I had shorter cables.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
As a follow-up, Quake FedEx'd me the JL Sport bracket kit (thanks!) The brackets fit OK but I ended up slicing off a very small dimple on the bumper to make the lights fit a little better. I'll post pictures and thoughts tomorrow, but here are my immediate pros and cons.

Pros
  • The lights (headlight and foglight) look *awesome*
  • The install was not too difficult, but you do have to drop the bumper, air splitter, etc.
  • The headlights do look like they have a nice beam pattern and are very crisp/clean
Cons
  • The RGB effect is not as bright as I had anticipated, but it looks nice at night
  • The foglight install in a Sport bumper requires new holes/trimming
  • There is way too much RGB cabling. I really wish I had shorter cables.
Pics pics pics :handsinair:

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Are you guys going to offer a similar package as the halo head and fog light combo with the original RBG JL headlights?
Yes Quake LED will have a combo part number for the RGB non Halos. In the mean time just get in touch with us and we give you the same prices as the Halo kit. Make sure to lets us know what style front bumper you have so we can send you the right fog light brackets too. Message, text, email or call me with any questions!
720-305-8979 office
720-576-0157 cell
[email protected]

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Are these just 7in JK headlights modified to fit the JL, or are they larger and redesigned to match the JL's larger stock headlights?
The specs list says they’re 7”. I hope they eventually make full sized ones.

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
What fuse do you recommend me wiring the DRL to? My Jeep came with the tow package and the accessory mod ( for lack of a technical term) or would that just be another thing to turn on every time I start the car

NC4x4

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What fuse do you recommend me wiring the DRL to? My Jeep came with the tow package and the accessory mod ( for lack of a technical term) or would that just be another thing to turn on every time I start the car
If you’re talking about the aux switches I believe you can set them to come back on each time there is a key cycle. You do this through the settings for the switches on the radio.

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
If you’re talking about the aux switches I believe you can set them to come back on each time there is a key cycle. You do this through the settings for the switches on the radio.
Ok if that’s the case that seems like an easy solution thank you!