wth, I hate squirrels..

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
They already damaged my 392, found it today while installing the rubber beading between the fenders and the body (another terrible design).

20230625_170045.jpg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

DonH63

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GC Trailhawk, 23 JLUR 392
Occupation
Retired EE; musician (trumpet)
They already damaged my 392, found it today while installing the rubber beading between the fenders and the body (another terrible design).

Jeep Wrangler JL wth, I hate squirrels.. 20230625_170045
OT: Where did you get the beading? I am already tired of picking/prying out pebbles and scratching the paint of my new JL...

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392

Sponsored

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
It's either red squirrel or chipmunk, no rats. The wife's GC damage was chipmunks, so I thinned the herd around here considerably. No issues since that time until now. It's time to thin again. I had three JK Rubis and removed the engine cover from them all. The first one, a 2008, attracted a rodent which was after the insulation under that dome. This one has all of that nesting insulation on the bottom of the hood, so I'm wondering how I can get rid of it all.

DonH63

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I hate the fender design, and even spoke to Jeep about that when I had my 2019. How does an intelligent designer come up with those V groves on a vehicle which is built for off road use?

Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NL4DI2E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
Thanks! I had not thought of this, seems like a great solution. Tubing or solid core better in your opinion? Is it staying in place?

With you on what the heck were they thinking when they made those dirt-catchers...

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
That battery felt_anti_acid_splash_back_✌🏼quote_on_quote✌🏼_battery_warmer_like material, is a magnet for them varmints no doubt.

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Thanks! I had not thought of this, seems like a great solution. Tubing or solid core better in your opinion? Is it staying in place?

With you on what the heck were they thinking when they made those dirt-catchers...
This is a trial for me, so it hasn't been moved since I finished yesterday. This week I have a couple of lenghly runs, so we'll see how it stays put. The tubing without the solid core allows it to conform to the irregularities in the fender joint. I was able to push it down into the space neatly with a plastic windshield tool. If it does not stay in place, I'll mask off the fender and apply some clear silicon to the piping to give it more holding power. Before installing it, I washed and waxed with Collinite insulator wax, which will make inserting the stuff a breeze.

Sponsored

DonH63

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is a trial for me, so it hasn't been moved since I finished yesterday. This week I have a couple of lenghly runs, so we'll see how it stays put. The tubing without the solid core allows it to conform to the irregularities in the fender joint. I was able to push it down into the space neatly with a plastic windshield tool. If it does not stay in place, I'll mask off the fender and apply some clear silicon to the piping to give it more holding power. Before installing it, I washed and waxed with Collinite insulator wax, which will make inserting the stuff a breeze.
Great, please let us (or me, anyway) know how it works!

On-topic content: Be sure to report how well it prevents squirrel poop droppings from getting in the cracks...

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392

On-topic content: Be sure to report how well it prevents squirrel poop droppings from getting in the cracks...
I set a trap under the vehicle until I have a chance to nail a few of them with my assault, fully auto BB gun. :rock:

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392

So far, the beading has not budged. That's with a few hundred miles and a good wash job.
Sponsored