Wrangler died while driving!

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
turns out the Z FUSE was incorrectly installed at the factory and was replaced. Also the Z FUSE to PDC was found to be cracked
Happy it was a minor issue. Would you have been able to solve that problem by yourself in remote country? I imagine you'll be carrying extras henceforth. Seems there should be quick reference material to help diagnose engine shutdowns, something beyond the use seat belt advisories provided in typical owners manuals.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MrBell

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
Perhaps someone with better technical knowledge of the electrical system can chime in?

tzavaleta

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
@MrBell thank you thank you!! My wife's jeep did the exact same thing. Completly died on the highway and was stuck in 105 degrees until I could get her. Sat at the dealer for days while they tried to diagnose. I found this thread, sent them the details and two days later it's fixed! They replaced the fuse box between the Z array and the battery.

How do we get Jeep to acknowledge this is a serious issue? This should be a recall item. Loss of all power on the highway is DANGEROUS! @JeepCares don't wait until someone is injured or killed to fix this issue.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
They don't care.
They have your money. From my experience the past 9 months pursuing the purchase of a base 2020 Rubicon and now the incredible Bronco, I don't see FCA's business model enduring for very much longer. In retrospect, I'm delighted I was thwarted in my attempts to purchase on my terms, not yielding to unexpected added standard equipment costs appearing in each updated build sheet. Very happy with the Rubi I found; will meet my needs, just not new.

If I was younger, or if I still had my XJ, I'd be holding out to seriously consider the competition in a base Bronco with the Sasquatch package. I expect FCA's days of inflexibility (extracting maximum profit from unneeded/unwanted frills) licensed from holding a monopoly on off road capability are at an end. I would expect finding itself suddenly in competition mode, FCA will be forced to offer Rubicon capabilities as an option for all trim levels: advantage, buyers. Refusing to do so will hand Ford a monopoly on its exclusive business model of making a profit from empowering the buyer.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@MrBell thank you thank you!! My wife's jeep did the exact same thing. Completly died on the highway and was stuck in 105 degrees until I could get her. Sat at the dealer for days while they tried to diagnose. I found this thread, sent them the details and two days later it's fixed! They replaced the fuse box between the Z array and the battery.

How do we get Jeep to acknowledge this is a serious issue? This should be a recall item. Loss of all power on the highway is DANGEROUS! @JeepCares don't wait until someone is injured or killed to fix this issue.
Recalls are done when it is a systemic problem or can be identified specifically. How many vehicles do you think it affects? Has anyone been injured or killed? A few instances out of a million vehicles is minor.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They have your money. From my experience the past 9 months pursuing the purchase of a base 2020 Rubicon and now the incredible Bronco, I don't see FCA's business model enduring for very much longer. In retrospect, I'm delighted I was thwarted in my attempts to purchase on my terms, not yielding to unexpected added standard equipment costs appearing in each updated build sheet. Very happy with the Rubi I found; will meet my needs, just not new.

If I was younger, or if I still had my XJ, I'd be holding out to seriously consider the competition in a base Bronco with the Sasquatch package. I expect FCA's days of inflexibility (extracting maximum profit from unneeded/unwanted frills) licensed from holding a monopoly on off road capability are at an end. I would expect finding itself suddenly in competition mode, FCA will be forced to offer Rubicon capabilities as an option for all trim levels: advantage, buyers. Refusing to do so will hand Ford a monopoly on its exclusive business model of empowering the buyer.
Have you seen the order guides on the Bronco? No, even on their website most things say TBD. Details are vapor wear right now. Wait and see what is real next year. Then let's see if Jeep is put out of business.

I'm sure Ford will offer complete control over each and every item they want on it. No packages, no unwanted extras. Name another company that does that. That style of ordering went out decades ago.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
let's see if Jeep is put out of business.
Not suggesting Jeep will go out of business, but suggesting FCA will need to struggle to remain as conveniently profitable. I sense from your gist you are not in favor of buyers having a greater range of choice as to how to allocate their resources; the status quo being satisfactory and should remain so..... I consider that a very liberal orientation of perception.
I'm sure Ford will offer complete control over each and every item they want on it
I'm sure of nothing regarding the future.

Commenter disappeared.jpg

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase

First step is to file a safety complaint with NHTSA you can also see complaints filed.
https://www.nhtsa.gov

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
A few instances out of a million vehicles is minor.
Sounds like Boeing regarding the 737 MAX. Took only 2 crashes to get attention. There's no problem as long as folks are buying tickets (or Jeeps)

AFewInstances.jpg

Sponsored

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase

If I was younger, or if I still had my XJ, I'd be holding out to seriously consider the competition in a base Bronco with the Sasquatch package. I expect FCA's days of inflexibility (extracting maximum profit from unneeded/unwanted frills) licensed from holding a monopoly on off road capability are at an end. I would expect finding itself suddenly in competition mode, FCA will be forced to offer Rubicon capabilities as an option for all trim levels: advantage, buyers. Refusing to do so will hand Ford a monopoly on its exclusive business model of making a profit from empowering the buyer.
Incredible Bronco:LOL: New unreleased model entering beta testing, little early to be gushing.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
little early to be gushing.
Not gushing at all, dirt. Not even planning to buy one, but I assure you, dirt, many are excited about the possibilities, and in a few months will be checking out something that didn't exist in FCA's realm. I'd also bet that FCA would prefer just like you, things would just remain the same as always.

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Not gushing at all, dirt. Not even planning to buy one, but I assure you, dirt, many are excited about the possibilities, and in a few months will be checking out something that didn't exist in FCA's realm. I'd also bet that FCA would prefer just like you, things would just remain the same as always.
Or NOT :like: I like the girly slap though Lol

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Or NOT :like: I like the girly slap though Lol
Why act like that towards him? You're the one who looks overly defensive and insecure.

Unless the Bronco absolutely tanks and is riddled with reliability problems, FCA is gonna be forced to change a few things with its Jeep brand, and that's good for all of us and something FCA definitely doesn't wanna do. No company wants to change what works for it, they want to keep raking in the dough doing the same thing they have a formula and systems for. Why would anyone even argue that? Sure, I bet there are plenty of people at FCA who really do love jeeps and they look forward to innovating, but the big wigs at the top don't give one for any of that; they want the lowest costs for highest profits.

Bronco is not out yet, so we all need to slow our roll and just wait and see on so many things, but that should be understood information given this is an internet forum where people are free to conjecture as much as they want. You can't argue that Ford clearly came to play this time around, though they've taken their sweet time doing it.

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Why act like that towards him? You're the one who looks overly defensive and insecure.

Unless the Bronco absolutely tanks and is riddled with reliability problems, FCA is gonna be forced to change a few things with its Jeep brand, and that's good for all of us and something FCA definitely doesn't wanna do. No company wants to change what works for it, they want to keep raking in the dough doing the same thing they have a formula and systems for. Why would anyone even argue that? Sure, I bet there are plenty of people at FCA who really do love jeeps and they look forward to innovating, but the big wigs at the top don't give one for any of that; they want the lowest costs for highest profits.

Bronco is not out yet, so we all need to slow our roll and just wait and see on so many things, but that should be understood information given this is an internet forum where people are free to conjecture as much as they want. You can't argue that Ford clearly came to play this time around, though they've taken their sweet time doing it.
Act that way? "I'd also bet that FCA would prefer just like you, things would just remain the same as always". That is a girly slap plus I never said anything like that.
Sponsored