Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
AA5A9CF8-2C88-4561-94AA-F7842FF0B9C6.jpeg
A90A3953-60D0-4D5E-BE90-0A5A96217B41.jpeg
F6D8E081-22CB-4093-91A5-2B87588E525A.jpeg
D1C77A10-548A-4442-8C62-BE9D202CB689.jpeg
Check this out. took the jeep in for some maintenance (oil/tire rotation) and was hearing a humming and vibration from front end. Turns out I need a new passenger side wheel hub. Picked it up yesterday and the front tire fell off on the way home. I found only 1 lug nut on the road. So either he only put one on or never tightened any of them. I had decided to go visit my parents so I had turned down a side street so fortunately I was going slow. If I had continued on the road I was on it could have happened at 40 mph or more.
Wow that's unbelievable. Glad you are OK. Things could have been worse, I guess.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joeyjoejoe285

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates, OP?
They are replacing, the front bumper, the under shield, the rim, the rotor, the lugs, the fender trim, will do complete alignment when all work is done. ETA is Friday. I told them I needed it Friday for my vacation - A Jeep trip to Maine. Hopefully it all goes smooth and they get it right the first time.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
They are replacing, the front bumper, the under shield, the rim, the rotor, the lugs, the fender trim, will do complete alignment when all work is done. ETA is Friday. I told them I needed it Friday for my vacation - A Jeep trip to Maine. Hopefully it all goes smooth and they get it right the first time.
Good luck, no witty comment here

Shame it happened too, your poor baby

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
At least they didn't give you any crap:like: just make sure your squirrel has all his nuts when you leave:giggle:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Where's the idiots claiming that they only let the "experts" at the dealership work on their rigs. This is why I do everything myself, including oil changes and tire rotations.

Sponsored

Bubalooie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram longhorn 3500 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Pipeline Inspector
I know what he says, but unless it feel off in the dealer parking lot I'm sure they will probably try to not admit fault. I know this can happen, because at the dealership where my brother works this happened to a few customers. Apparently, there was a faulty torque wrench that was not registering properly. And the dealer did repair whatever happened.

Can the dealer prove somebody tried to steal the wheel.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
[QUOTE="joeyjoejoe285, post: 783639, member: 11290"Hopefully it all goes smooth and they get it right the first time.[/QUOTE]

Got my fingers crossed for you, but getting things right the first time seems quite difficult for some dealers...

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

me oh my! thats crazy. glad you are ok and the dealer is fixing the damage. I'd take a torque wrench with you and check those lugs before picking up and driving on your trip. 135 Ft-lbs ! wtach there face when you pull that torque wrench out it will be priceless :clap::surprised:

OP
OP
joeyjoejoe285

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
:headbang:
Where's the idiots claiming that they only let the "experts" at the dealership work on their rigs. This is why I do everything myself, including oil changes and tire rotations.
Yep- they said it was an experienced level 3 tech

OP
OP
joeyjoejoe285

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So they called yesterday to say it was ready....and the fender that was hanging off is lose. All they did was slap it back into place and called it a day. Of course it’s loose from the body because they didn’t change the clips. Also, they don’t know how to do a wheel alignment because it’s drifts to the left now. This Jeep was always straight as an arrow, no death wobble or wandering ever. They did replace the front bumper, rim, rotor, lugs. Been here since 7AM this morning to get alignment fixed and it’s now almost 9. Pissed off is an understatement!!!!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That really sucks Joe, definitely go up the ladder here, total BS!

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I would absolutely demand a buyback. That Jeep has now been wrecked. The value has taken a hit. I wouldn’t trust the dealer at all that there wasn’t any further damage. They are going to try and repair just what you notice.

I’d lawyer up immediately and contact Jeep corporate.

Zero way I’d accept a wrecked new car that is 100% dealers fault.

I also would absolutely talk to your insurance. They would have taken it to an independent shop who won’t BS you with what is broken and if it’s major parts insurance will scrap it. Let them go after the dealership for the cost.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I wouldn't "lawyer up" yet. That's just asking for a good, well fill in the blank. I would contact @JeepCares and FCA. That's totally uncalled for and not even remotely professional. Good luck:like:

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
So they called yesterday to say it was ready....and the fender that was hanging off is lose. All they did was slap it back into place and called it a day. Of course it’s loose from the body because they didn’t change the clips. Also, they don’t know how to do a wheel alignment because it’s drifts to the left now. This Jeep was always straight as an arrow, no death wobble or wandering ever. They did replace the front bumper, rim, rotor, lugs. Been here since 7AM this morning to get alignment fixed and it’s now almost 9. Pissed off is an understatement!!!!
Wow! Sorry to hear that after all the damage their negligence caused they’re trying to cheap fix it. Hopefully it’ll be fixed very soon and get you on your trip!! Maybe you should just go back there and do it yourself. At least you’ll know it’s all done properly. Good luck and speedy fix!
Sponsored