Wiring help needed.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
So here is what I am trying to do. I’m out in the sticks and 2-3 times a week I just about take out a deer going down my driveway yet alone the roads around the house at night.
I have a set of KC Flex Era 4’s on the bumper and 3’s on the pillars. The 4’s are on aux switch 1 and the 3’s are on 2. Running at night if a car comes it’s a bit of a reach to turn them off quickly.

I want to run a momentary switch and I’m going to mount it on the front of the center council where it’s easy to reach and press. I want this switch to power the lights when it’s held down so it’s just a matter of releasing it to kill them. But I want to have it so I can still turn them on using the aux switches so they will stay on when I’m on a trail.

Any wiring experts out there that can tell me how to make this work?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Have the switch trigger a relay that feeds both circuits.

Could wire it as a kill switch. Have your momentary switch trigger relays on each aux circuit. Wire the auxiliary to the normally closed outputs.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldnt it be easier to just leave the switch on and use a push button to kill them? Just route the ground wire between the monetary, so that when incoming tradfic just push the button and it breaks the connection let off and its back on, then you dont have to hold the damn thing

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Or the hit wire either one, just to break it up

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Wouldnt it be easier to just leave the switch on and use a push button to kill them? Just route the ground wire between the monetary, so that when incoming tradfic just push the button and it breaks the connection let off and its back on, then you dont have to hold the damn thing
Well that sounds like it would be easier but I will be the first to admit. I can literally cut a car in half and put it back together with my eyes closed but I can’t wire a dam thing if I had to! 😎
Sponsored