Window Auto up modification

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
All this sounds pretty impressive. Sounds like someone needs to develop an easy plug and play kit that allows single touch "auto up" along with security arm, remote lock "auto up". Now that we know it can be done a kit would be cool. Unless someone like TazerJL can figure it out with their programmer, it would definitely be something people would pay for. IMHO
On Fonzie’s thread, the company SmartStartStop said they were working on it.

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
On Fonzie’s thread, the company SmartStartStop said they were working on it.
And it will definitely have an auto-reverse safety feature if someone or something contacts the window going up.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Certainly anticipate the StartStop version will be more expensive than the $57 DEI 535T module, but hopefully they're able to shrink the whole package down and include enough other useful features to make it worth whatever it is they charge. That DEI box is HUGE!

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
The units work of resistance and typically stop.

OP
OP

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
So I messed up today and I need some help. This afternoon I tried to execute this update to be able to easily "cancel" the new auto-up but I screwed it up. When I attempted to connect the OG/W driver down wire to the White from the 535T I accidentally connected it to the white from the 5-pin (which is a ground), not the white from the 7-pin. Now, the driver's window is completely toast. I immediately removed the wire but the switch doesn't do anything any more. I hear the switch "click" when I press it (sounds like a relay), but the driver's window won't move. Anyone have any idea what I might have fried? There's no fuse for the individual window motors, just a breaker for the power window system (and all other windows work just fine). Did I literally fry the window motor in the door? Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

*I'm hoping that I just toasted that channel in the 535T module because I can easily replace that, but that may be wishful thinking.
Thanks-

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
If you disconnect the 535t and return to normal it still doesnt work? I doubt u did anything to motor... probably a fuse somewhere

OP
OP

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just returned the driver's side window to factory wiring; still doesn't work. 535t working fine for passenger window, all other windows working fine. Time to start tracking down wiring to see if anything is melted and then check the motor to see if it still operates if I apply 12v

Sponsored

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Does the motor wire get 12v at the switch? If not its the switch...

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
OP
OP

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the motor wire get 12v at the switch? If not its the switch...
No 12v at the switch. Pulled the switch out and got it apart; it had that burnt electronics smell and I can see a spot that looks charred. Looking online for a replacement switch now. PN 68290764AC

IMG_20190223_192948792.jpg

IMG_20190223_193625692.jpg

OP
OP

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Issue fixed. Purchased and installed a new switch pack. $98 from my local dealer + $13 to overnight. Luckily I'd won a $20 gift certificate from them which helped defray the cost a little bit. I think I'm going to leave things as is for a while. Thanks for all the help!
IMG_20190226_164311864.jpg
IMG_20190226_165131852.jpg
Sponsored