Sponsored

Wind deflector for the Sky One-Touch Roof?

OP
OP
MarkyMark

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I’ve continued to look as I’m still not crazy about the noise level. The hot heads head liner helped A LOT. Huge shout out to those guys. However, I would take even quieter if there was an option. I do a lot of highway driving at 85+…. Would love another option. One thing I’m clear of is no roof rack or upper light bar… as that will make it sound like a jet engine. :-(
Sponsored

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
So I tried the floor coving trick on my 50" light bar that was making the worst howling noise ever! Anything over 50 mph it was like a jet plane! I added two pieces on the top and that worked OK, the magic happened when I put the first piece on the bottom side. Like there isn't a peep coming from the light bar now at any speed. I was so fed up with the noise before this trick that I was about to hit Buy on some cowling hood mounts for this bar. Thankfully I didn't because I'm super stoked now!

0EDC8BC0-A4B8-4379-B648-5F73F928436A_1_201_a.jpeg

69427766-666D-4CE0-ADD3-FD8979809682_1_201_a.jpeg

44DCE2B4-080F-4AC9-A599-3AB3CA25D419_1_201_a.jpeg

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I tried something similar with my last go around. It didn't help that much, but that last fin sticks out much more than what I tried. I then purchased an Aerolidz. That worked better but still not great. It eliminated the wind buffeting on the soft top, but still I still had a fair amount of wind noise over 65 mph. Later, I had to remove my light bar to have the windshield replaced. It was soooo nice and such a dramatic difference to what I had become accustomed to, that I have decided to not reinstall. Now selling a 40,000 lumen Rigid light bar. Guaranteed to torch Zombies. :)

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I’m looking for a wind deflector but not concerned about noise but just wind. Every time I drive with the sky touch opened, I always get cold air blowing in and it gets too cold so I have to close the top.

I’m thinking of a wind protector like the Gobi one shown in this thread or a hothead / Alienware shade cover that is like mesh so it should slow down the wind (but lose the ability to stick hands out over the top)
Sponsored