Sponsored

Will these storage trays affect the airbag?

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Question - So how exactly does the airbag deploy? The passenger side piece is a solid piece of plastic. Does it break the plastic when it deploys, or it is actually coming out under the plastic piece? There’s no hole in the middle of it…🤔 what would prevent small deadly shards of broken plastic from being shot out at the passenger?
Could someone please test this in person with a slow motion camera on their own rig and post the video of passenger airbag deploy ?
1643813807997.jpeg
It would be interesting to see what the backside of that dash cover looks like, wonder if there's some perforations in back so it has a clean break. By looking at the above picture and this pic showing the airbag unit it would appear to be designed to flap open during deployment

1643814764576.png
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I've have one of these... Was made available to me (free) by the Chinese manufacturer. They wanted me to try and post a review in regard to it on Amazon..

Fit is very good. Well made for what it is... the way it resides you do not realize it is there/you would think it was factory... I use it daily and enjoy having it..

I and my passenger's only use it to hold a chap stick and a few other very very small items...

I am very careful not to place anything in it that would protrude past it's up lip so to speak...

I know it I place a larger item like a smartphone, etc. in it, that larger item could negatively impact airbag deployment and/or also cause that smartphone/large object.... to be rocketed into my passenger's face.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I have a carbon fiber replacement overlay for this that I ordered along with all the rest of the interior pieces... If attached properly, it should just open up as the airbag deploys beneath it, but I can’t substantiate that… I’d hate to get the whole interior done (including the left side behind the steering wheel) and not put in this one large piece. 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL Will these storage trays affect the airbag? 0B92FA81-01C6-4B98-B284-09DD4DFFD7BF
Sponsored