Sponsored

Will there be a bowless softop from besttop?

Lateralus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2dr wrangler
Iam realy liking most of the changes FCA has done to the wrangler. However, the softop folded back looks like a big black diaper. It's really an eyesore. The top fully erected looks really good. I like the shape and it looks quality. I would think besttop would eventually make a bowless softop.

I'd love to get a 2 door rubi eventually. The windshield angle annoys me especially with the reports of wind noise greater than the jk. Iam excited about the 8 speed but am concerned about servicing, maintenance and reliability. I hope that FCA has found a better e-break than the flimsy one on the jk.

Hats off to whoever designed the interior. It looks amazing IMO. I like the flatter lines of the dash etc. Its almost enough to make me forget about the windshield rake and softop diaper.
Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Agree 100%. Something about the soft top just doesn't look right, I went with the hardtop and am waiting anxiously for a frameless soft top like the Trektop NX I ran on my '14.

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase

Appgirl96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 JLU
Bestop will be "making an announcement soon" regarding their first wave of products. I'm waiting anxiously, I also got the hardtop and really dislike the look of the stock soft tops. Can't wait for Bestop to release their Trektop Pro for JLUs, I loved that top on my JK.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ft-top-help-us-decide.3347/page-3#post-180142
We have a Bestop on our 16 JK, always thought it looked better than stock. May consider soft top once I see what they come out with for JL.

Sponsored

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
Bestop will be "making an announcement soon" regarding their first wave of products. I'm waiting anxiously, I also got the hardtop and really dislike the look of the stock soft tops. Can't wait for Bestop to release their Trektop Pro for JLUs, I loved that top on my JK.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ft-top-help-us-decide.3347/page-3#post-180142
I am not holding my breath. I have called Bestop and Smittybilt on several occasions since January. One day I will get one answer, the next day I will get a completely different answer.

It just baffles me how here we are in May ... 5 months after the first JL saw the light of day at a dealer and we don't have a bikini top yet. How could FCA not know that all of us with Hardtops were going to want a soft top by summer? Anyway, I am looking for alternatives.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, I feel the same. I'm going to wait to see what Bestop and others offer and most likely won't be purchasing the stock soft top, even if it means having to go this summer removing/reinstalling my hard top all the time.

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
I am not holding my breath. I have called Bestop and Smittybilt on several occasions since January. One day I will get one answer, the next day I will get a completely different answer.

It just baffles me how here we are in May ... 5 months after the first JL saw the light of day at a dealer and we don't have a bikini top yet. How could FCA not know that all of us with Hardtops were going to want a soft top by summer? Anyway, I am looking for alternatives.
Unfortunately, Bestop has me hooked on their Trektop Pro. Anything else is going to frustrate the hell out of me.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Doesn't besttop make the OEM tops? I heard they do and that they have to wait an X amount of time to come to market with their own version (rebrand).

I've been wrong before.... a lot so.... yea

Lonald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara JLU
Some told me that best had to wait a year bc they make them for mopar. Then I hear the end of q4, then I heard July....