I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
These photos show a factory JK 2dr hardtop converted to modular. The sides, rear and roof are all separate parts. This was a DIY conversion, and the same thing could be done with a factory JL hardtop.

ModularTopSlider_zpsytscfp6r.jpg

The parts off the Jeep:

StoringModularTop_zpsbqiahyqt.jpg

Most of the parts store easily, here's the rear panel with liftgate under a single bed.

RearPanelUnderSingleBed_zpsgwy9nmdp.jpg

Roll-up soft sides can be installed in place of the hard sides, they're shown here rolled up:

SoftSidesDoneRolledUp_zpsviozqcdb.jpg

Step-by-step instructions for the conversion are here: https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...g-a-factory-jk-jku-hardtop-to-modular.160775/
Wish Jeep offered this - exactly what I would want. Doors, back and sides off Safari style...

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Frankly, I was hoping the Gladiator would be a little more non-traditional in that it would have multiple modular roof sections that could be moved around. So you could configure it as a 2-door long box pickup, a 4-door short box pickup, or an SUV depending on where you placed the roof panels and rear glass. Instead the Gladiator is just another very long truck with dedicated spaces.

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Ugh I wish. I have a love-hate relationship with my hardtop. The thing is a complete PITA to take off. It is heavy, awkward, even with another adult it is such a pain. I've been seriously considering buying a lift pro, but that thing is so damn overpriced. Someone needs to come with a good knockoff. I hurt my back the other day getting it out and putting it on a scaffold, it is a fuck!ng pain, I am not doing it again. I lift heavy weights, but this thing is another animal, the weight balance is super awkward.

I am probably going to end up buying a softop.
Did anyone else besides me take advantage of Top Lift Pro's Black Friday deal. It amounted to a savings of $215 off the normal delivered price (approx 20%). Not a steal by any means but definitely something. I also took advantage of their layaway plan as I'm certainly not going to need until next spring (live in MI).

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
These photos show a factory JK 2dr hardtop converted to modular. The sides, rear and roof are all separate parts. This was a DIY conversion, and the same thing could be done with a factory JL hardtop.

ModularTopSlider_zpsytscfp6r.jpg

The parts off the Jeep:

StoringModularTop_zpsbqiahyqt.jpg

Most of the parts store easily, here's the rear panel with liftgate under a single bed.

RearPanelUnderSingleBed_zpsgwy9nmdp.jpg

Roll-up soft sides can be installed in place of the hard sides, they're shown here rolled up:

SoftSidesDoneRolledUp_zpsviozqcdb.jpg
I would like to get a top like that, but what I’d really love in to have a slide down rear glass. It would work with soft and hard top, and you would keep the wiper and defrost with both top.

44F962D1-15A8-4746-AB97-8566052FACFC.jpeg

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Did anyone else besides me take advantage of Top Lift Pro's Black Friday deal. It amounted to a savings of $215 off the normal delivered price (approx 20%). Not a steal by any means but definitely something. I also took advantage of their layaway plan as I'm certainly not going to need until next spring (live in MI).
I wish I did. I almost did, but I am in the process of buying a house and can't spend a cent until I get my new home. I also don't know yet what my storage options are going to be.
Sponsored