Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
  • Banned
Defend, refute, post your own reasons. I don't even know if the following is correct. But succinctly, I'm seeing the Recon serving two purposes:

* To incorporate some Bronco styling and hopefully compete somewhat against it, and

* For Stellantis to "skin their knees" on perfecting going fully electric, especially since even if the Recon turns out to be awesome, the public infrastructure isn't quite there yet to support electric vehicle owners (in more urban environments,) before implementing it in their Wrangler cash cow.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Eat away at the Bronco Sport market and allow Stellantis to signal some sweet virtue. It will also serve to let the more dainty types dip their toes in the rugged Jeep world without going too far with the solid axle.

j2.pictures

First Name
Justin Null
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
CDJR Salesperson
I personally think that Jeep is going to make an all-new Electric lineup, as gas vehicles are going to eventually be phased out. Whether the manufacturer is going to keep the nameplates of previous models is unknown, but the Recon could be the "new" Electric Jeep Wrangler.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Manufacturers are incentivized to sell electric vehicles as it lowers their corporate emissions/fuel economy average. Also, there is a market for electric vehicles and eventually every manufacturer will have to offer at least one.

Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Because they can only push the Wrangler base so far—

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
The claim from jeep is that this thing is supposed to be able to do the entire Rubicon trail on a single battery charge. From the design, it does not look like the battery would be what stops that from happening, but I guess we'll see how jeep continues to market that offroad prowess from here. The Bronco was literally advertised as a wrangler killer from day 1. It's not like jeep is going to be able to market the Recon the same way without confirming it is not as good off road as the wrangler. My guess is they made sure to make a loud splash when they announced it, but now they'll just let the government make their sales on this vehicle from here on out.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Appears to be a vehicle aimed primarily at the European market, where under current regulations the only Wrangler version Jeep can sell there is the 4Xe.
Sponsored