Sponsored

Why Jeep does not automatically share build status?

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
I agree with OP. There is a thread that lists the steps of the build - I didn't count how many, but there is a bunch of them - 20? 30? i think if you know the VIN and say, dealer zip, you can look up any build status. This would make it so that the manufacturer is not providing info the buyer but to anyone with that info.

But then again, seeing a vehicle in D1 status for 6 weeks...? That posting would have a field day on social media bashing the manufacturer.

I'm trying to be patient...
Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Jeep chat is a good source, they were cool yesterday. I ordered 2 weeks back, they didn’t have an estimate yesterday, but told me that if I contact them next week they should have a good estimate for me.

Either way, they seemed helpful and didn’t just blow me off with a “we have no update on timeline” when they easily could have.

rriglesias

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
I am not a fan of dealers, I always leave with the feeling I had a bad deal...overpaid, or didn't haggle enough. Of course now the dealers really don't give a damn, it is a take it or leave situation, some people are lucky if they pay MSRP, I heard about a Ford dealer charging 10k over MSRP, so yes, I am not too fond of the traditional dealership model, and they used to have hot dogs on the weekends, I don't see much of that anymore.
this forum has saved me a lot of time and energy, for that I’m grateful. That includes the dealer reps that are part of this community.

Deleted member 59498

Not sure Ford does it. Jeep is lazy or since we are owned by Euros they don't care? I mean I work in IT and API for such things should be the norm not the exception.

Deleted member 59498

But I know I ordered 2022 so will not bother anyone until Christmas. Might ask my salesmen next week with "Where is my jeep!" But he is retired Army and I am Army so may just remind him not to sell my jeep! :) Army Strong bro.
Sponsored