Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
They don't market A/C where you're at, that close to the arctic circle. They have an optional double heater version.
Can confirm. Pretty sure the heater in mine is actually a small nuclear reactor, but I'm too scared to look under the dash.
Sponsored

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
It was 108 degrees where I live today, can’t remember the last time I drove without aircon.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Anyone out there running without A/C? Have it but never use it? I'm ordering soon and wondering if the $1300 is going to be a waste. If it's hot, I'm going to have the top off/down. Give me some scenarios where A/C is a must. Thanks!
I never use it, and if I were to use it on some sweltering hot day, I'd still l have the top down and just be using it for the cool breeze. Nothing pisses me off more than to see someone riding around on a warm day with their top up, windows/closed and the AC blasting. The warm weather period here is short, and those days are precious.. enjoy every one of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
captainmac44

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
I do believe this is the most Pathetic thing I've heard. If you need to remove AC to be able to afford the Jeep dont purchase the vehicle. You will be miserable without AC and let's not talk resale.
Yeah, I can afford the $1300 on my $30K+ vehicle. I literally was just curious about how often Jeepers use A/C and when. Many of the uses are actually not applicable to me, personally. However, I do intend on optioning it. Sorry to ruin your day with my pathetic question. You could've just not answered.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Yeah, I can afford the $1300 on my $30K+ vehicle. I literally was just curious about how often Jeepers use A/C and when. Many of the uses are actually not applicable to me, personally. However, I do intend on optioning it. Sorry to ruin your day with my pathetic question. You could've just not answered.
I think your reference to "teacher's pay" led to the thought of (un)affordability.

[but...your's was not a pathetic question]

Sponsored

treadmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & 2017 VW Golf R
Occupation
Manager
When I was a kid, my Dad would drive us around in the heat of the summer without the A/C on to conserve fuel. I swore as an adult I'd use the A/C if I had it. Having lived in NJ and NC, I use it regularly to combat humidity and the summers in general.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
As before, if you ever want to sell it (and it's silly to say you won't) that A/C is an invaluable option.

I bought a used Jeep YJ (?) without A/C once in Maryland. IIRC, I paid 20-25% less for it than any of the similar jeeps with Air conditioning. I got a deal on an A/C kit and installed it in a weekend for maybe $1000. Guys at the shop said I was the first person they ever had bring them a DIY AC system actually held a charge. LOL

If I were to do it again? No way I'd buy a jeep without air conditioning.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Resale will be TERIBLE. Add it. Save yourself money in the longrun and you get to enjoy A/C too..

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I live in Vegas. Top off weather is now. In another 6 weeks or so it'll be too hot to run without the top and a/c on. :)

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Your right, but again I will man up and say I'm sorry but that was an interesting question.

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
When the temperature is 98 degrees, the humidity is 98 percent and it is raining cats and dogs your dam skippy I use my A/C

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I use it with the top and doors off when it is hot.