2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
Warn is releasing the 3rd generation of the VR series now named the VR EVO with a wireless remote. Just FYI

Ideal on 2-door Jeeps and lighter SUVs for everyday pulls and getting yourself out of trouble. The VR EVO 8 and 8-S
feature IP68-rated waterproof construction, an ultra-reliable Albright® contactor inside a relocatable control pack,
and a state-of-the-art, two-in-one remote for added ease of use and versatility. With it’s fast line-speed and lower
amp draw, the VR EVO series of winches are the hardest-working standard-duty winches we’ve ever made, with tactical
styling that looks great up front and at a price that won’t pull you out of your budget.
PN 103250 VR EVO 8 (5/16” x 90’ steel rope)
PN 103251 VR EVO 8-S (3/8” x 90’ synthetic rope)
• A powerful series-wound motor and planetary
gear train deliver faster line speed under load,
with lower amp draw
• IP68-rated waterproof winch construction keeps
the elements out
• High-performance Albright contactor delivers
maximum reliability
• Control packs can be relocated for low-profile
installations
• Durable, one-piece cast-aluminum tie-plate for
added strength and durability
• Two-in-one remote with wired AND wireless
options for ease of use and versatility
• Available with wire or synthetic rope
• Limited lifetime warranty for mechanical parts
and 7 years on the electrical
• Designed, engineered, and tested by WARN
engineers in the U.S.A.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Thank you for posting this. I will have to look into converting my lever. Anyone know the cost of the conversion kit?

@MACjeeps, If you have a 180° lever on a Zeon in the factory steel bumper and are using the WARN winch plate, WARN will send it out to you no charge, give them a call.

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Zeon 12S Platinum

winch.jpg3 (3).jpg

Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Does the Warn 10S Evo have the 180° issue with bumper Clearance with the Clutch Switch?

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Just installed the SmittyBuilt XRC GEN 3 Fits nice! Seems very well made. Has nice features such as an auxiliary 12 volt post, Light Over the drum, flashlight on the controller, also the XRC emblem lights up.

19623BEF-7F61-4A00-A5AE-1A548737172F.jpeg
90EFF40E-C9FD-4427-9A36-0A041E82301A.jpeg

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Does the Warn 10S Evo have the 180° issue with bumper Clearance with the Clutch Switch?
No problem, they have a 90* handle sweep.

TheLedgerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2018 Dodge Durango R/T, 2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Just installed the SmittyBuilt XRC GEN 3 Fits nice! Seems very well made. Has nice features such as an auxiliary 12 volt post, Light Over the drum, flashlight on the controller, also the XRC emblem lights up.

19623BEF-7F61-4A00-A5AE-1A548737172F.jpeg
90EFF40E-C9FD-4427-9A36-0A041E82301A.jpeg
The XRC Gen 3 is the exact one I'm looking at for our new Wrangler. Did you go with the 9.5K or 12k, and which plate did you choose? How do you like the Gen 3 so far?

Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
A07E2E9C-CD4E-4F2A-8965-29C5989205E4.jpeg
The XRC Gen 3 is the exact one I'm looking at for our new Wrangler. Did you go with the 9.5K or 12k, and which plate did you choose? How do you like the Gen 3 so far?
I got the 9.5k after researching and listening to the guys in the know on here.

I went with the Warn Winch Plate that Mopar uses. If you need the item number I can look it up for you.

Everything is pretty straight forward.

I did have to elongate the two rear holes on the skid plate that a lot of people have to do as the winch plate moves everything back about 1/2” or so. It’s really easy with a dremel tool.

I mounted the Control Box on the top center of the winch. The cables coming out the back do hit the grill but I don’t think they are causing any issues to the grill. i think it looks really nice. The XRC lights up too which is pretty cool. Haven’t decided where to hook the one positive wire for the light yet. Anyone have any ideas let me know.

When you plug the remote in, the winch also has a light that is already wired and it lights up the spool which is nice. The controller also has a flashlight on it and magnets to place the controller on the bumper if you need free hands for something.

I’ve only used the winch to spoil the line tight. I had my son in a Tahoe applying some break pressure while in neutral and I pulled him toward the Jeep to spool the line.

The controller also has color coded lights that tell you if your overloading the Winch or if everything is good.

I’m no expert on winches. It looks great and worked perfect with spooling the line which isn’t really a great test.

Also, you can remove the two armor covers and paint them if you like.

Hope this helps!!!

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I know its Harbor Freight but I am going to try the NEW HF Apex 12K on the JLUR with factory steel bumper and the Warn mounting plate. I have had several HF winches that have worked well in the past. A 9K on my old CJ and later moved it to the TJ where it died. Replaced it with a 12K that was on it when I sold the Jeep. 12K on my 2500 Diesel, and a 12K on my tilt trailer. The Apex has been going on sale for $599. At that price I will give it a try. 12K is over kill so it shouldn't get overworked.....

Harbor Freight Winch.jpg

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I know its Harbor Freight but I am going to try the NEW HF Apex 12K on the JLUR with factory steel bumper and the Warn mounting plate. I have had several HF winches that have worked well in the past. A 9K on my old CJ and later moved it to the TJ where it died. Replaced it with a 12K that was on it when I sold the Jeep. 12K on my 2500 Diesel, and a 12K on my tilt trailer. The Apex has been going on sale for $599. At that price I will give it a try. 12K is over kill so it shouldn't get overworked.....

Harbor Freight Winch.jpg
Yeah it looks like a great Winch. I was actually going to buy it but the switch on it hits the bumper and would have to be cut down a little.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Yeah it looks like a great Winch. I was actually going to buy it but the switch on it hits the bumper and would have to be cut down a little.
Depending on how much it rubs, I may use a1/8 or 1/4 plate as a spacer to raise it a touch or use a dremel on the switch.

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Depending on how much it rubs, I may use a1/8 or 1/4 plate as a spacer to raise it a touch or use a dremel on the switch.
Yeah that will work! If I would have thought of the spacer I would have bought it! But I love the XRC Gen 3
Sponsored