First Name
Robert Spinello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet HHR
Occupation
auto sales
I'm just about decided on getting my first Wrangler, a 2019 2-door Sport S (or Sahara) V6 / manual but I'm having trouble deciding on an exterior color. Frontrunner choice is the non-metallic Sting-Gray but I also like two of the metallic colors - Granite Crystal and Ocean Blue.. It looks great in just about every color.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
I went with sting gray, it looks great in person and is a little less common. The orange and green are too loud for my taste, and the ocean blue has a purple tint to it that isn't my taste. Just my two cents, there are no bad choices here!

OP
OP
carguy1959

carguy1959

First Name
Robert Spinello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet HHR
Occupation
auto sales
I went with sting gray, it looks great in person and is a little less common. The orange and green are too loud for my taste, and the ocean blue has a purple tint to it that isn't my taste. Just my two cents, there are no bad choices here!
Thanks Sam. leaning towards the darker Granite Metallic, but I haven't seen either yet. I need to see both grays in person first.

Last edited:

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Thanks Sam. leaning towards the darker Granite Metallic, but I haven't seen either yet. I need to see the orange and both grays in person first.
I went Punk’n, still waiting for it but have seen the color in person a few times. I think it looks great, not anywhere near the redish you see in pics.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Somehow I wish the orange was non-metallic.
I *think* the orange from a few years ago was more of a burnt orange, vs the punk'n which is orange orange. I actually just ordered a 2 door punk'n for two reasons. One, I like orange and two, I haven't seen anyone else around here with one.

OP
OP
carguy1959

carguy1959

First Name
Robert Spinello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet HHR
Occupation
auto sales
The previous orange was a bright, non metallic orange. The new one is a lighter metallic like a pumpkin or pastel shade of orange.. Not at all like the previous bright orange. I'm probably going with the Granite Metallic. goes nice with the silver alloys and black fenders and top. Two of my 70s cars are factory non-metallic bright orange and light baby blue so I'll probably go a darker metallic on the new Jeep.

Last edited:

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
They are all awesome colors. My preference would be ocean blue > granite > sting ray

Just a heads up the ocean blue does have a small hint of purple. I noticed it during a test drive when the sun was beaming down on the hood (not sure if others noticed that and/or would agree).

I've seen it in granite and it looks great. I had a full size ram in granite...it definitely looks better on something smaller like the JLU.

I wish they came out with a more dark burnt orange color...

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I would have picked Nacho. But, we like Firecracker Red better. We have a '14 Firecracker Red JKU. It's not that I don't like red... I just would like a little Nacho to spice up my life. ;)

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
I thought about granite but it’s too dark for my tastes. I actually like the contrast between the matte fender flares and top against the paint so I chose Billet Silver and unpainted top/fenders. The granite even with unpainted top and fenders blends in too much for me, makes it look like one big solid colored rectangle.

OP
OP
carguy1959

carguy1959

First Name
Robert Spinello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet HHR
Occupation
auto sales
I thought about granite but it’s too dark for my tastes. I actually like the contrast between the matte fender flares and top against the paint so I chose Billet Silver and unpainted top/fenders. The granite even with unpainted top and fenders blends in too much for me, makes it look like one big solid colored rectangle.
I don't agree. Black is all the same color. Granite offers a two tone look - its just less drastic than the other two lighter grays. , and nicerr than all black. One color isn't so bad either.
Sponsored