Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
When you get to Alaska look me up. I'm in Anchorage. I'll be ordering a JLUR in the spring so I can road trip to Ohio for a family thing in June (19) and trade my truck in on the way.
Well if you roll through Michigan, I will treat you to the best breakfast place in the WORLD. And if the time is right for you, We could do some wheeling. I will try and look you up when we are in Alaska. I will need a guide for the better stuff.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
It's cool to see others on here with cool Jeep wives. As with others on here it was my wife who pushed for the Jeep. She said "We're either going to Italy for my b-day or I'm getting a Jeep." I said let's go to the dealer.
She picked out a Sahara, we drank the Kool-aid and have been spending money ever since. I took her off roading and she was completely addicted. She told me I HAD to get a Jeep so that we could wheel together (translate she didn't want to share). I picked up a 2004 LJ and we wheeled together yesterday for the first time and had a blast, even got some walkie-talkies to communicate... breaker breaker.
She's been at me to order the ACE sliders for her's for a few weeks now so I need to get on that and sway bar disconnects and now she is wanting fatter tires, possibly 35's but they will wait until we burn these off.
She knows that when I talk about Dana it's not some chick at the office, she knows that she wants a locker for the rear and why that's needed. She understands the importance of not straddling rocks and making sure that 4LO is really engaged... LOL. She's a keeper and a Jeeper.
We are planning our 3 week adventure out to Moab and the surrounding areas in her JL for the first 3 weeks of July. :tumbleweed:

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
My wife is great too, but it took a gentle little "push" to help that greatness along.

Me: I need a project car/wheeler project. It's for the boys too, they need to learn mechanics and problem solving.

Her: No, I know it's just for you, but we can't afford it right now!

Me: Ok, i'm going to sell the old pinball machine and buy a project. I found a cheap 95 Bronco.

Her: . . .

Me: The Bronco is in the garage! Now I need to get the boys out to work on it . .

One month later

Her: That POS is dripping oil all over the garage floor, why don't you just go buy a new Jeep!

Me: . . . Sold!

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure my wife even likes me but when I showed her the new power top she said "I'm good with that". So the Sahara is leaving and the Rubicon is on order.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
My wife is great too, but it took a gentle little "push" to help that greatness along.

Me: I need a project car/wheeler project. It's for the boys too, they need to learn mechanics and problem solving.

Her: No, I know it's just for you, but we can't afford it right now!

Me: Ok, i'm going to sell the old pinball machine and buy a project. I found a cheap 95 Bronco.

Her: . . .

Me: The Bronco is in the garage! Now I need to get the boys out to work on it . .

One month later

Her: That POS is dripping oil all over the garage floor, why don't you just go buy a new Jeep!

Me: . . . Sold!
You are looking 5 steps or so ahead.
1. How are boys going to learn to work on a new Jeep. It is new, nothing needs to be repaired.
2. Buy a lift. Boys learn about a vehicle suspension.
3. Buy tires, Boys can learn how to mount bead lock wheels by hand.
4. buy bumpers, Boys can learn how to pull off the stock bumpers, and replace with sweet aftermarket bumpers. Learn how to switch of the lights and everything.
5. Buy a winch..(not a wench, no need for hatred from said wife) Boys can learn how to run wire and wire said winch and how to spool cable and winch safely.
6. might as well buy some cool decals so they can learn the proper way to sticker up the beast that you guys have built.

Or maybe this is the wifes grandmaster plan to keep you and the boys out of her hair so she can do what ever she wants while you guys are out in the garage. Either way, it is a win win.:jk::jk::clap:

Sponsored

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
You are looking 5 steps or so ahead.
1. How are boys going to learn to work on a new Jeep. It is new, nothing needs to be repaired.
2. Buy a lift. Boys learn about a vehicle suspension.
3. Buy tires, Boys can learn how to mount bead lock wheels by hand.
4. buy bumpers, Boys can learn how to pull off the stock bumpers, and replace with sweet aftermarket bumpers. Learn how to switch of the lights and everything.
5. Buy a winch..(not a wench, no need for hatred from said wife) Boys can learn how to run wire and wire said winch and how to spool cable and winch safely.
6. might as well buy some cool decals so they can learn the proper way to sticker up the beast that you guys have built.

Or maybe this is the wifes grandmaster plan to keep you and the boys out of her hair so she can do what ever she wants while you guys are out in the garage. Either way, it is a win win.:jk::jk::clap:
You're on to my game. No worries about the wife trying have alone time - the boys are both 12, and girls just turned 10. She doesn't get away from all of us that easily! Well, until the girls get excited about the Jeep too. One of them is ready, the other might be the designer . . .

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
You're on to my game. No worries about the wife trying have alone time - the boys are both 12, and girls just turned 10. She doesn't get away from all of us that easily! Well, until the girls get excited about the Jeep too. One of them is ready, the other might be the designer . . .
I have been married for 29+ years and I am a master of the game.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I have been married for 29+ years and I am a master of the game.
Good for you Ted, really.

But let me tell you what my better half might say if she got wind of my saying this--I say with comedic exaggeration:

* "We both know I'm master and your just playing for the degree to which you come in second."

* "You think you're master because I let you think that, see point 1."

It might be a little bit like the Modern Family TV episode where Phil asks Claire when he's ever made a poor decision and the show goes to another subplot only to return later to Claire, where 30 minutes have passed, and she's still naming all of Phil's historical goof ups.;)
Sponsored