EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
This could go in the general topic but I figured we hear more things. When I take a sharp turn I hear a double click from the left front when turning left and on the right front when turning right.

Is this normal? With all the reports of loose bolts from the factory It's got me a little concerned. But the clicks don't sound like they are anything going bad.
OP, may i ask how many miles you have on the clock?
Sponsored

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
At the time I had 1500 miles when the clicking was getting bad. I'm around 4500 miles now.

The extra 3,000 miles were heavy on mountain roads and forest service roads but the ball joints are all good still.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for tagging our team here. Anyone that would like to discuss their concerns further with our team can certainly send us a private message at anytime.

Kate
Jeep Cares

360linux

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Took my 4xe Rubicon into dealer ship this week after having the clicking as well. The person in front of me was there for the same problem on a 2021 Wrangler.

The person at the service counter said the clicking is “The 2021 Wrangler problem of the year” and gave the impression we were definitely not the first to report this.

Anyway, here was the result and afterwards several days with no clicking

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels click on sharp/slow turns CC5C3089-B7F5-4F74-9FC1-A38B82FA90E1

Last edited:

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
After reading the responses about it being the castle nuts, I tightened them on the lower ball joints when I rotated my tires a week or two ago. No more clicking. Driver's side wasn't too bad, but the passenger side wasn't near tight enough.

Sponsored

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
Mine is going in for service tomorrow for this issue. I also have a CEL and did have the code read Has to do with a coolant temp sensor. I also have no heat from the main system and they are going to try and diagnose that issue. 2,200 miles on the ODO.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe, Mustang Mach-E, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I noticed clicking in mine today. Does anyone have the FSM torque values for the ball joints?

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Just got my jeep back from the dealer. Mine had the sound like stretching steel guitar strings. It was from the thin stainless steel clips in the calipers. They lubed them and the singing went away.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Brought my 4xe in today to get this addressed. I'd been hearing clicking coming from the driver front wheel well at slow speed any time the window was down (or door off) and the wheel turned. It was annoying.

I'm surprised JLs have been doing this for 4 model years now...

The tech said it appeared the ball joint nuts were hand tightened. It's all good now =)

KeithF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 80th Anniversary
I started hearing a slight pop or click when turning into a parking spot but not every time. (2900 miles on my 2 door sport s.) Checked the ball joints like you guys suggest and the left lower was hand tight and the right upper hand tight.
Sponsored

Last edited: