Wheel/Rim protector for winter

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
what are you guys using to protect your aftermarket rims from salts and what not during the winter?
Sponsored

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
what are you guys using to protect your aftermarket rims from salts and what not during the winter?
I used Maxcoat Wheel Guard from Chemical Guys. It had some pretty good reviews and it was very easy to apply.

OP
OP

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I used Maxcoat Wheel Guard from Chemical Guys. It had some pretty good reviews and it was very easy to apply.
Yeah that’s what I just bought....wanted to see if anyone else had any other recommendations

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
California GOLD CARNUBA WAX !
SUNP0225_zpsipkvcmlt.jpg

IMG_3486_zpscyytqvez.jpg

After 10 years, these are wheels from my '08 JKUR, installed in 2008, then used shortly in my '18 JLR
SUNP0090_zpsnce0wwpb.jpg

JIMBO

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
wheel waxes and sealants are a good maintenance practice but a wheel coating would be even better. It last a lot longer then the other two. Give McKee’s 37 wheel coating a try. Car pro also makes a good wheel coating. It’s very simple to apply to a clean wheel. It last up to a year and will make your wheels super slick. The wheels have been very easy to maintain since the coating.

*Note: It is always good practice to make sure you are starting with a clean surface before applying any waxes, sealant or coatings. I’d recommend to decontaminate your surface area with iron-x to dissolve iron particles.

Leights7

First Name
Leighton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi everyone. First time Jeep owner. Would you recommend any protection for factory, black steel rims? Thanks.
Sponsored