Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
  • Banned
Like many of you, I'm looking at wheels. I bumped a curb the other day and slightly bent an OEM Rubicon wheel (made in China).
I would like a non-Chinese wheel, preferably made in USA, but really anywhere else.
I'm looking at Fuel, Method and XD...to the best of my knowledge only the XD wheels are made here??
Can anyone confirm?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Raceline's Forged series is manufactured here, but nothing you'd want on a Jeep.

Probably gonna be hard to find.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hutcheson Beadlocks are US made.
You probably won't find a cast wheel made in the US.
Forged you can find some made in the US.

From AEV
At AEV, we remain committed to American manufacturing, and we would much rather have our wheels manufactured in the US. But right now, you can’t get wheels made in the USA at aftermarket volumes. Still to this day, the only cast wheel plants left in the US are for high volume OE wheel programs. So unfortunately, buying from China is a necessary evil of being in the aftermarket cast wheel business. We have made the effort to buy from a high quality Chinese plant. Our plant also produces OE wheels for Volkswagen, Audi, BMW and Harley Davidson, among others. Our supplier has American employees on the ground in China who oversee our programs for us, and we have been over to China to inspect and visit the plant in person. When lower volume wheel manufacturing becomes feasible again in the US, we will be first in line.​

OP
OP
zrickety

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
  • Banned
Raceline's Forged series is manufactured here, but nothing you'd want on a Jeep.

Probably gonna be hard to find.
I saw that, and you're right. Those wheels are for rappers.

OP
OP
zrickety

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
  • Banned
Hutcheson Beadlocks are US made.
You probably won't find a cast wheel made in the US.
Forged you can find some made in the US.

From AEV
At AEV, we remain committed to American manufacturing, and we would much rather have our wheels manufactured in the US. But right now, you can’t get wheels made in the USA at aftermarket volumes. Still to this day, the only cast wheel plants left in the US are for high volume OE wheel programs. So unfortunately, buying from China is a necessary evil of being in the aftermarket cast wheel business. We have made the effort to buy from a high quality Chinese plant. Our plant also produces OE wheels for Volkswagen, Audi, BMW and Harley Davidson, among others. Our supplier has American employees on the ground in China who oversee our programs for us, and we have been over to China to inspect and visit the plant in person. When lower volume wheel manufacturing becomes feasible again in the US, we will be first in line.​
It hasn't always been this way. I know TJ wheels were made in Canada and Mexico.
I tried finding some Japanese wheels with no luck. They are known for some good forged wheels.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It hasn't always been this way. I know TJ wheels were made in Canada and Mexico.
I tried finding some Japanese wheels with no luck. They are known for some good forged wheels.
You are correct. Now, with environmental regulations and cheaper overseas labor costs, all the cast wheel plants to left the US, CA and MX.
Sponsored