Whats everyone doing for Interior Lighting

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
On the truck forum I'm a moderator for, the guys have been putting in footwell lighting like the old cars used to have, except most are using LED. I think that rear window mount light may work well with the tailgate tables guys are installing.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
On the truck forum I'm a moderator for, the guys have been putting in footwell lighting like the old cars used to have, except most are using LED. I think that rear window mount light may work well with the tailgate tables guys are installing.
I can't put that led Bar light in the back of my tailgate glass the motor to the windshield wiper rear one is in the way it won't go all the way across it doesn't fit some people said there's wouldn't fit either how are people making that fit because you got that big black box in the way it's the motor to the rearI can'

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I guess my Sport S is an odd ball, because not only does it have a driver's interior light, it's also got an interior light for the passenger and two of the rear seating positions as well. And, they are LED. And, they are bright as hell.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I looked at those but it looks like it will,not go across all the way because of my rear widow wiper blade motor. mine has the motor box sitting there and looks its not enough room. some other guy said the same thing. on his 18 JL the little black box they the motor is in stopped the light from coming across all the way. did yours not hit it ? if not please post pic because i really want to get this but dont want it to hit the black box that that motor is in. and does it help light up above the 2 front seats at all also ?
They make a JL version now. I was looking at it the other not get and there's an option to pick your version.

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've been in some cold areas lately and sleeping on a blowup mattress in the back of the Jeep. There is really no light there are all for reading or just about anything. So, I grabbed some of these oh so popular emergency road lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0794PPGRD and stuck them on my A-Frame via the magnets they come with. Since they have a white flashlight mode, they are super easy to turn on and off while laying in the jeep. Amazingly, you can grab the top of that A-Frame from just about any direction you want to lay. At one point I had all of them up there, but it was too bright. Since they are pointed at the ceiling, it's dispersed light so it's not super annoying. Also, the magnets are pretty strong since I've been driving on and off road with them stuck up there for a few weeks now.

Here's a pic:

Lights-In-Da-Jeep.jpg

Sponsored

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Are there any LED or brighter bulbs at all available for the current interior lights on the ceiling?

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I looked at those but it looks like it will,not go across all the way because of my rear widow wiper blade motor. mine has the motor box sitting there and looks its not enough room. some other guy said the same thing. on his 18 JL the little black box they the motor is in stopped the light from coming across all the way. did yours not hit it ? if not please post pic because i really want to get this but dont want it to hit the black box that that motor is in. and does it help light up above the 2 front seats at all also ?
I bought two shorter LED strips and wired them together...they sit on either side of the motor box.

k9runner

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranlger JLUR