JLUSSOBRTP

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Hey all,

First time Wrangler owner, and though I'm itching to mod it'll have to happen slowly due to finances. I'm ok with that as it'll keep mah Jeep feeling new for a long time to come. :) I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the options and I'm curious if there is a best order in which I should do the mods given what I'm looking to do and the packages I got.

Mostly I'll probably be driving and camping on the beach, but I'm also interested in doing up to moderate trails. I plan to save the more difficult stuff for after its paid off. This is my daily driver after all. ;) I ordered a Sport S with anti-slip, trailer tow for the aux switches, and the optional granite crystal wheels - knowing I'd want to change things up eventually.

Exterior Mods I'd like to do:
Slider steps (it's naked right now, so this is 1st for at least ding protection)
Rubicon Suspension (already bought, but do you think it'll look bad with the Sport stock tires a little smaller than 33"?)
Tires (see pic below - I'd like to hold off on this until my currents are donesies IF I can do the activities above with stock)
Wheels (same as with tires)
Cube lights
Rock lights
Front bumper w/ light bar
Winch
Compressor

So I look to you all as experts. What order would you recommend given I want to do beach driving/camping and moderate trails?

If it helps, here are the stock tires that came with a combo of granite wheels and anti-slip. I was told they're an upgraded Bridgestone Dueler AT (Revo 3).

Thank you!!

5B41F01B-5895-4319-8D10-E3BCA34C3B90.jpeg
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I like to go by price. I found JK 2017 rims for 350. May try to offer 300. Then later go to 33” KO2’s.

Bumpers, winch etc probably will be last as that doesn’t affect driving

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of in the same boat and thinking rock sliders first to protect the thing from any accidental hits from the local rocks and parking lot dings.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I think the wheels that you have are the best looking ones available on the JL, but if that's not your thing then wheels are an easy swap that doesn't interfere with anything else.

I would get that rubicon suspension on there asap, a tiny bit of lift will do you well and help support the extra weight of future mods such as steel bumpers, winch, racks, etc.

Sidesteps / rock rails / sliders are again simple to install and don't interact much with anything else.

With the standard height fenders, I do not believe you will feel the need for larger tires with the rubi suspension, as the rubi's stock tires are barely larger and they use the high fender flares.
However, you may need wider tires or to air down for a lot of beach driving. If you go the air down route the compressor install would be huge.

Just my opinion, of course.

OP
OP
JLUSSOBRTP

JLUSSOBRTP

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I think the wheels that you have are the best looking ones available on the JL, but if that's not your thing then wheels are an easy swap that doesn't interfere with anything else.

I would get that rubicon suspension on there asap, a tiny bit of lift will do you well and help support the extra weight of future mods such as steel bumpers, winch, racks, etc.

Sidesteps / rock rails / sliders are again simple to install and don't interact much with anything else.

With the standard height fenders, I do not believe you will feel the need for larger tires with the rubi suspension, as the rubi's stock tires are barely larger and they use the high fender flares.
However, you may need wider tires or to air down for a lot of beach driving. If you go the air down route the compressor install would be huge.

Just my opinion, of course.
This was super helpful. Thank you! Glad to know I'm on the right track. I know from airing down a Frontier that the compressor is a soon install. Question about it....do I really need the dual? Or would a single work ok if I'm willing to wait longer?
Sponsored