What Is Your Average Build Time?

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Potential new Jeep buyer here. Since I can't find the model/color I want anywhere in the state (Texas) at the moment, my local Jeep dealership quoted me $5000 deposit with a 3-4 month build/ship time. This seems kind of "excessive" to me. Does this seem right to you all?
Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Potential new Jeep buyer here. Since I can't find the model/color I want anywhere in the state (Texas) at the moment, my local Jeep dealership quoted me $5000 deposit with a 3-4 month build/ship time. This seems kind of "excessive" to me. Does this seem right to you all?
I’m in Texas also. What dealership did you go to?!? I went to Classic in Denton. $1000 deposit and it arrived in 6 weeks. What is your build though? Some have holds. This is mine.

D61BB9CA-9C7D-4EEF-A3A6-8DF0EB0DDD03.jpeg

OP
OP
Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I’m in Texas also. What dealership did you go to?!? I went to Classic in Denton. $1000 deposit and it arrived in 6 weeks. What is your build though? Some have holds. This is mine.
Don't know if naming dealerships is allowed here, so I will just say it is one of the many dealerships in the San Antonio area. My build is a "fully-loaded" white High Altitude (I know...not a fan favorite on this board). I came close last week with one but it got sold right under me right off the delivery truck....smh

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Don't know if naming dealerships is allowed here, so I will just say it is one of the many dealerships in the San Antonio area. My build is a "fully-loaded" white High Altitude (I know...not a fan favorite on this board). I came close last week with one but it got sold right under me right off the delivery truck....smh
A Jeep is a Jeep in my book! I would definitely go to the Car Pro USA website and find a dealer that is guaranteed not to give you a proverbial screwing. https://www.carprousa.com/

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I placed my order on Tuesday, Feb 2nd and the dealership just wanted a $500 deposit. Delivery times was estimated at 6 - 8 weeks. I just picked up my new JL 80th Edition on Monday, which was one day short of 6 weeks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
So I got a call from another dealership across town I sent an e-mail to last week. They only required a $500 deposit and a 6- 8 week delivery time (he said he can 90% guarantee it would arrive on or before 6 weeks). He said the other dealership is smoking crack. I will be placing an order with him later on this week.

GmoneyJeep21

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys Sport
Mine took 3 weeks ... from build to delivery. Ordered 3/8/2021

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
Live in DFW. Ordered from dealership in Conroe yesterday. Salesman kept saying $300 deposit, but never asked for a card number. Already have a VON and a VIN.

$5k deposit? Run away. Fast.

If the plant doesn't do a shut down, I expect build and delivery to be anywhere from 5 to 8 weeks.

OP
OP
Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Live in DFW. Ordered from dealership in Conroe yesterday. Salesman kept saying $300 deposit, but never asked for a card number. Already have a VON and a VIN.

$5k deposit? Run away. Fast.

If the plant doesn't do a shut down, I expect build and delivery to be anywhere from 5 to 8 weeks.
I did! That dealer called me back a couple of days later and I told him I went with another dealership across town who only required a $500 deposit. He seemed to not care and told me to "have a nice day"....lol

comagt

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I had a SA dealer ask for a 5K deposit and MSRP only. I couldn't bite my tongue in my response. Ill never be going back there. SA dealers are awful. :/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I had a SA dealer ask for a 5K deposit and MSRP only. I couldn't bite my tongue in my response. Ill never be going back there. SA dealers are awful. :/
Probably the same dealer I originally went to.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I know my example is not typical but I'm in Atlanta and ordered from a dealer in Nashville since they offered up to 8% off invoice.

$1000 deposit required. Ordered on 3/20, arrived at dealership on 4/5.

OP
OP
Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I know my example is not typical but I'm in Atlanta and ordered from a dealer in Nashville since they offered up to 8% off invoice.

$1000 deposit required. Ordered on 3/20, arrived at dealership on 4/5.
$1000 deposit is more "understandable" than $5k IMO. And if you want to cancel, I can see it being a pain trying to get back that $5k.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
My dealership charged $3k and fed me the line that they were building a vehicle that likely no one else would want...:CWL: I told him you can say that's just our policy because we don't want you to back out and I would have accepted that. My build took 56 days. Its way more fun to build and wait. It's worth it to get the window sticker with your name on it. haha
Sponsored