Sponsored

What is This Dash Nubbin' For?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
That little bulb is for the auto headlights it's been used on cars for the last 15 years and no it does not cause any issues it is perfected tech. No battery Drain and no it does not cause any silly light flickering
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That little bulb is for the auto headlights it's been used on cars for the last 15 years and no it does not cause any issues it is perfected tech. No battery Drain and no it does not cause any silly light flickering
so it turns your head lights on when it starts getting dusk ? you think it would be outside or in a other spot hid. they couldn't hide that eye sore up on the dash ? thats the best place they could find for it ? lol

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Fyi... the light switch on the challenger was similar to the jl and prone to failure. Failure usually resulted in battery drain and flickering lights when in the off position. It even fried some people's batteries. Mine failed on my challenger at about 10k miles.

If you like to drive with your lights on and avoid switch failure cover the sensor with something and leave it on auto. I am currently looking for the right cover that doesn't look fugly.
I agree ! Thats the best place they could find ? They couldn't hide it some where really ?

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I agree ! Thats the best place they could find ? They couldn't hide it some where really ?
Considering this is where they put it on every other car I doubt JL engineers thought anybody would actually care. Do you need a really flush dashboard for some reason?

Last edited:

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Every Vehicle has it located on the dash it's a good place direct sunlight, as you take a stroll though the Mall parking lot or at the Dealer take a look. I understand moding your vehicle but not liking this is truly silly zero distraction.
This went from what is it to I don't like it. People just want to complain.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Every Vehicle has it located on the dash it's a good place direct sunlight, as you take a stroll though the Mall parking lot or at the Dealer take a look. I understand moding yougĂ Ă Ă Ă Zz the qqqqqqqqq kr vehicle but not liking this is truly silly zero distraction.
This went from what is it to I don't like it. People just want to complain.
Yeah maybe so point is I've never noticed it before and neither did the OTHER person asking

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I apologize if this has been asked before but I've searched far and wide and found no answer. My question is, as the picture shows, what is this nubbin' kind of thing for on the dash of my 2018 JLR?

20190112_161021.jpg
All I know is it lights up when you get too close to Area 51. I don’t understand it either but when I was on Groom Lake Rd it was pulsing bright red, and I got a nosebleed. Ask Jeep Cares and LMK what they say.. don’t use your real name though.

C6818D98-489A-488D-8DDE-7783D08279EC.jpeg

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Yeah maybe so point is I've never noticed it before and neither did the OTHER person asking
So there’s two of you. Y’all can start a support group. It helps to not feel alone.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So there’s two of you. Y’all can start a support group. It helps to not feel alone.
I'm sure there's more but maybe you can help find them and you can be the leader you do such good work at being a jerk.so you think you've been funny but you're not just making yourself look like a fool and being arrogant rude jerk

Sponsored

OP
OP
Armsbearer

Armsbearer

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Gladiator Mojave
I am so sorry for asking the question that is now causing a few that used to not notice it to now being bothered by it. Also causing fights here. I think I better get legal representation to protect myself just in case.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I am so sorry for asking the question that is now causing a few that used to not notice it to now being bothered by it. Also causing fights here. I think I better get legal representation to protect myself just in case.
:cwl: It' s a tough crowd sometimes!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It's all good you're okay some people just sit behind a keyboard and look for a reason to want to give someone hard time because they're bored. You don't have nothing good to say why even say it all.
Sponsored