First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
So, I've noticed that many guys here are posting about Jeeps that are the wife's and it makes me wonder...What do those guys drive everyday?

And for the rest, if your Jeep isn't your sole method of transportation, what else is in the garage out out in the driveway?

I'll start. My Wife has a 2020 Navigator, I have a 2015 F150 FX4. The Willys 2 dr is our 3rd extra/run around vehicle. Although, I find that I drive it more than the pickup anymore.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Sometimes, I drive my wife crazy.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
JLUS is my daily driver.

Wife’s daily driver is a 20 year old bare bones BMW 3 series with the inline 6 and manual transmission. Wow the original factory paint on this car is still amazing. It was paid off a long time ago and yearly maintainenace cost is a little more than other brands but the fun factor is there. Took a nighttime drive last night up a curvy mountain road just for fun (with halogen headlights). Still less expensive to keep this car around than replacing it and taking on monthly car payments. According to KBB’s online value estimator the market price of this car has actually risen in the last few years. Was actually thinking we were going to sell it a few years ago but there’s not too many compelling alternatives to keeping this car going considering how much it would cost to replace it with a newer vehicle that satisfies the comparable utility. Will likely drive it until it starts deteriorating badly.

Also have a 6 year old Highlander which is a general purpose family hauler, long range road tripper when outfitted with the largest Yakima Skybox on the roof, making runs to Home Depot (just picked up a new pre-hung exterior door today in fact), third row for when relatives visit and we take day trips to sample the local natural beauty of California. Except for an early replacement of the infotainment unit under warranty (would freeze and reboot frequently) this car has been near perfect in terms of reliability.

Highlander used to be my fishing vehicle too and I would sleep in the back at the campsite. You’d be amazed how an AWD CUV can handle some bad roads - just take it slow and pick a good line. However I bought the Wrangler because the US Forest Service roads have deteriorated in the last few years and I now need the Jeep to get to my favorite destinations deep in trout country for years to come. The US is becoming like a third world country in terms of its care of our natural resources - I don’t expect the USFS to be getting more resources any time soon. Test drove 4Runners but did not like the way they drive.

If the Wrangler’s electronics start fading I might not bother to get it fixed (as long as these issues don’t affect the basic need to provide on-road and off-road transportation) and just keep using it for its ability to get me into the backcountry.

Sponsored

Sponsored

KevinD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Other vehicles...
The wife: 2015 BMW 335ix
2006 MB CLK 350 cab.
Me: 1966 Ford Fairlane
1995 Mustang GT convertible
1972 Jeep J4000
2006 SuperDuty
Plus a couple of motorcycles.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL What else do you drive? 20201206_151236

'01 F250 7.3 Powerstroke. Best vehicke I've ever had. Love this truck.

Jeep Wrangler JL What else do you drive? 20201206_151257

08 KLR 650

Jeep Wrangler JL What else do you drive? 20201206_151406

'14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Sponsored

Last edited: