Sponsored

What do you get when you cross a Porsche Cayenne with a Jeep?

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
When researching a replacement for my aging MDX I looked at the Cayenne in great detail.

Yes, the Cayenne is considered an off-road vehicle by some--starting with Porsche!!!

One key option is the Air Suspension which allows raising and lowering the vehicle from low highway-cruising mode to high terrain mode. The Off-Road package for the Cayenne adds Rock Rails, skid plates, and various off-road displays on the dash. Porsche is serious about it being a true SUV, supplying angle of approach and departure data AND water fording information!!! The Off-Road package is a $2000 option. What I don't know is how much weight this adds to the heft of the Cayenne and what that weight does to highway performance.

Here is a YouTube "review" by a 4WD Magazine editor reporting on driving a Cayenne S off-road: .

Kind of surprising!

Bottom line is I have my Wrangler for off-roading. I would hesitate to take a $100K vehicle pin-striping...

OP
OP
Av8Chuck

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
When researching a replacement for my aging MDX I looked at the Cayenne in great detail.

Yes, the Cayenne is considered an off-road vehicle by some--starting with Porsche!!!

One key option is the Air Suspension which allows raising and lowering the vehicle from low highway-cruising mode to high terrain mode. The Off-Road package for the Cayenne adds Rock Rails, skid plates, and various off-road displays on the dash. Porsche is serious about it being a true SUV, supplying angle of approach and departure data AND water fording information!!! The Off-Road package is a $2000 option. What I don't know is how much weight this adds to the heft of the Cayenne and what that weight does to highway performance.

Here is a YouTube "review" by a 4WD Magazine editor reporting on driving a Cayenne S off-road: .

Kind of surprising!

Bottom line is I have my Wrangler for off-roading. I would hesitate to take a $100K vehicle pin-striping...
The issue for me is how expensive Cayenne’s are to repair. After you add the cost of all the accessories on my Jeep, it’s more then $100k but it’s much cheaper to repair, lots of places to get it repaired, and lots of affordable accessories. Plus people wave to you when you drive by.
Sponsored