plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
So I have been chasing ghost in the last couple of days, there is a weird creaking sound somewhere in my suspension, it only occurs when vehicle is parking and cold (not literal cold, just meaning it has not been running for a while), it only occurs when I enter the Jeep, so whenever significant weight (200 lbs) add to suspension, it only occurs when entering from driver side, both front and rear, but not entering passenger side. It seems coming from the spring perch area (so could be shock, spring, axle mount of control arms, tires, brakes, very hard to pin point), it also does that if I violently shake the front end of my Jeep. It goes away once vehicle is running for a while, there is no creaking sound when driving.

So far I have tried: re-torque all control arm bolts, sway bar end links, track bars, basically loose and re-tighten them on the ground, Spray some non-grease joints with some silicone, grease aftermarket parts. But none works, It almost sound like the wheels want to roll back and forth when weight shifts, but some parts of brake screech.
Sponsored

OP
OP
plex

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Parking brake?
Parking brake will be coming from the rear, and this creaking comes from the front, and yes I tried without parking brake engaged.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Might sound weird, but if you can get some one to cause the squeak, you could get yours hands on the parts and feel for vibration and try to locate it.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
If you still have the Synergy brace installed, try loosening the trackbar bolt and see if goes away when you bounce the front bumper. I had same type noise and could feel it through the trackbar at frame mount, even tried torquing to 180 foot pounds and made no difference. I loosened the trackbar bolt and zero noise. Not sure if the Synergy brace was a contributing factor as I removed and sold the brace. (Waiting on a Rancho brace now-no sector shaft bearing) I also sold my Teraflex trackbar as the clearance was really tight at the adjustment bolts with the Fox 2.0 TS top mount stabilizer on hard right turns. I have a new Steer Smarts trackbar (ordered the all black one) that should arrive Tuesday, this one you can rotate the adjustment clamps to better clear the Fox.

Sponsored

OP
OP
plex

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you still have the Synergy brace installed, try loosening the trackbar bolt and see if goes away when you bounce the front bumper. I had same type noise and could feel it through the trackbar at frame mount, even tried torquing to 180 foot pounds and made no difference. I loosened the trackbar bolt and zero noise. Not sure if the Synergy brace was a contributing factor as I removed and sold the brace. (Waiting on a Rancho brace now-no sector shaft bearing) I also sold my Teraflex trackbar as the clearance was really tight at the adjustment bolts with the Fox 2.0 TS top mount stabilizer on hard right turns. I have a new Steer Smarts trackbar (ordered the all black one) that should arrive Tuesday, this one you can rotate the adjustment clamps to better clear the Fox.
Fuck this shit, this synergy brace has causing nothing but trouble since install.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
the easiest thing is just to get under there while someone is hopping on the driver side and id were the creak is coming from

there is a lot of parts that can make that type of noise, make sure all of the joints that need grease are greased and maybe post up the exact parts you have installed maybe someone on here has had a similar issue

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the easiest thing is just to get under there while someone is hopping on the driver side and id were the creak is coming from

there is a lot of parts that can make that type of noise, make sure all of the joints that need grease are greased and maybe post up the exact parts you have installed maybe someone on here has had a similar issue

I was able to hear/feel my creaking noise by laying on a moving quilt (creeper kept slipping) and first using both hands to push up and pull down on the bumper to 'zero in' on the noise and then one arm to push up on the bumper and one to 'feel' for vibrations from the noise-did not take long to find it came from the frame side trackbar mount/brace. Since no amount of tightening helped, I loosened the bolt and no noise...

OP
OP
plex

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to hear/feel my creaking noise by laying on a moving quilt (creeper kept slipping) and first using both hands to push up and pull down on the bumper to 'zero in' on the noise and then one arm to push up on the bumper and one to 'feel' for vibrations from the noise-did not take long to find it came from the frame side trackbar mount/brace. Since no amount of tightening helped, I loosened the bolt and no noise...
I did exact that, I crawled under there, used both hands to shake bumpers, draglink, tierod, and found out it is the track bar, and what really irritates me is I torqued to exact 110 ft-lbs, and it will still make the creaking noise. I don't want to loose the bolt, so guess I just have to deal with it.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I did exact that, I crawled under there, used both hands to shake bumpers, draglink, tierod, and found out it is the track bar, and what really irritates me is I torqued to exact 110 ft-lbs, and it will still make the creaking noise. I don't want to loose the bolt, so guess I just have to deal with it.
What track bar do you have?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I did not leave the bolt loose and drive it, I removed and sold the Synergy brace (as well as my Teraflex trackbar, sold this just as it was too close to the Fox 2.0 on right turns) reinstalled the stock trackbar (till my Steer Smarts arrives Monday) and no noise! My front axle is no longer centered however... I do not know if the noise was due to the Synergy brace shifting ever so slightly, the trackbar maybe not tightening properly with the extra 1/2 inch of steel (1/4 inch each side) surrounding the factory trackbar bracket or what-I do know I was not going to live with it.

Will post up my thoughts on the Rancho bracket once I receive it. If the Steer Smarts trackbar is as good as their drag link and tie rod, I will be a very happy camper!
Sponsored