Waiting for diesel?

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
Spoke with sales guy today about 2019s. Told him I wasnā€™t buying a 2018 so he might as well shoot me straight with info. His claims:
-Chrysler Rep was in their store 10 days ago.
-Comfirms ACC and Collision Warning, but late availability, most likely taking orders after holidays.
-No Dual Top Group for 2-dr Wranglers for several months. Again, maybe late availability.
-No confirmation the 3.0 ecodiesel is even coming. Said they pulled it from the Rams due to emissions and he wouldnā€™t speculate if a 2019 3.0 Wrangler is even near a reality at this point.
-2019 Wranglers will go up in price, $750-1,500.

Thatā€™s disheartening. I told him to call me after the holidays, or if the 3.0 comes available before that.
Itā€™s a sales guy so who knows. But I told him Iā€™m waiting for 2019s anyways before the conversation took place.

PS: Theyā€™re still taking orders for 2018s through the week. 2019 ordering starts in early Sept.

Job 1 MY2019 starts 10/29/18

Just what Iā€™ve heard today, for what itā€™s worth.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Spoke with sales guy today about 2019s. Told him I wasnā€™t buying a 2018 so he might as well shoot me straight with info. His claims:
-Comfirms ACC and Collision Warning, but late availability, most likely taking orders after holidays.
-No Dual Top Group for 2-dr Wranglers for several months. Again, maybe late availability.
-No confirmation the 3.0 ecodiesel is even coming. Said they pulled it from the Rams due to emissions and he wouldnā€™t speculate if a 2019 3.0 Wrangler is even near a reality at this point.

Thatā€™s disheartening. I told him to call me after the holidays, or if the 3.0 comes available before that.
Itā€™s a sales guy so who knows. But I told him Iā€™m waiting for 2019s anyways before the conversation took place.

PS: Theyā€™re still taking orders for 2018s through the week. 2019 ordering starts in early Sept.

FML. I could live with a turbo and not diesel - but Iā€™m planning to wait on a ā€˜19 for ACC - and really do not want to wait until after the holidays.

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
FML. I could live with a turbo and not diesel - but Iā€™m planning to wait on a ā€˜19 for ACC - and really do not want to wait until after the holidays.
I know. Me either. At this point, Iā€™m playing it week to week. You basically have to wait a month to order a 2019 now. Maybe info will surface by then. If not, my mentality is each week I go without ordering is another few hundred on the down payment and another week closer to knowing for sure or availability of said features/engine. Weā€™ll just see how long I can hold out. ā€

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I know. Me either. At this point, Iā€™m playing it week to week. You basically have to wait a month to order a 2019 now. Maybe info will surface by then. If not, my mentality is each week I go without ordering is another few hundred on the down payment and another week closer to knowing for sure or availability of said features/engine. Weā€™ll just see how long I can hold out. ā€
Yeah, Iā€™m with you. Except itā€™s not about saving for a down payment for me, as mine is a lease. Itā€™s about the residual value dropping each month and costing me more money as a result.

Sorry - off topic!

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
WOW I really hope that guy is wrong

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
I wonder if anyone has attempted a 3.0 Ecodiesel conversion into a JK? We have that engine in our Grand Cherokeeā€™s and there would be heaps available with low mileage in our wrecking yards..

TurboTJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ

Anything else come out in the last month? Do you guys think that Jeep will announce that there wonā€™t be a diesel for us holdouts or will it just never show up?

I would guess if the Ram doesnā€™t get it that we wonā€™t for 2019 either. What do you guys think at this point?

I will probably wait until January at the latest and see where things stand.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Anything else come out in the last month? Do you guys think that Jeep will announce that there wonā€™t be a diesel for us holdouts or will it just never show up?

I would guess if the Ram doesnā€™t get it that we wonā€™t for 2019 either. What do you guys think at this point?

I will probably wait until January at the latest and see where things stand.
Rumors on the Scrambler forums are the diesel will be late availability and possibly a 2020 model. I have been holding out for the diesel scrambler as I refuse to buy the V6 again in a Jeep (I personally hate it). If thats the case I'll be getting a Ford most likely.

ldstruckn

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 82 CJ7, 88 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2008 JKUR, 2012 JK sport
Occupation
VA Doc
no diesel available in the 2019 ordering banks as of right now...Jeep is loosing sales over this.

Sponsored

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
@JeepCares is there any information you can provide as to whether or not the diesel engine will still be offered for the Jeep Wrangler and if so, a timeline?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

This sounds like very accurate info, based upon what else I've heard from reliable sources.

Just a fyi...emissions is only one issue with the EcoDiesel that caused it to be pulled from market. The other is rampant internal engine failure due to the cams not being keyed and spinning loose, typically at mileage just beyond warranty period, resulting in seized engines. From what dealerships are saying, it's a very widespread issue.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
This sounds like very accurate info, based upon what else I've heard from reliable sources.

Just a fyi...emissions is only one issue with the EcoDiesel that caused it to be pulled from market. The other is rampant internal engine failure due to the cams not being keyed and spinning loose, typically at mileage just beyond warranty period, resulting in seized engines. From what dealerships are saying, it's a very widespread issue.
But this is a NEW version of the Eco Diesel which I would expect those issues addressed. The V1 of the EcoDiesel is on sale in the Grand Cherokee currently. Its just taking them a long ass time to get the V2 certified.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
But this is a NEW version of the Eco Diesel which I would expect those issues addressed. The V1 of the EcoDiesel is on sale in the Grand Cherokee currently. Its just taking them a long ass time to get the V2 certified.
Exactly, and they are likely field testing it heavily to ensure that the internal flaws are corrected. That takes time. I suppose we could see it for calendar year 2019 but I'll be surprised.

FCA doesn't do anything fast. Look at how long it actually took to get the 2.0L onto lots...and they still had fires and issues with them.