Vibration / shaking while driving

Rmurphy227

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl
I hit a pot hole one day and ever since my car has been shaking and vibrating / feeling like I’m driving on rocks. I had my 18 rims with my 33’s on. When I went to 3 places they kept saying it was my big “off road tires” but I have been running these wheels for over two years and it has never felt like this.
I had them rebalanced twice and an alignment. nothing seemed to fix it so I put my stock rims on and went to three places and every said nothing was wrong. During those visits I had a crazy idle that I could feel the whole car shake in my seat as I was driving or even when my car was sitting in park. Come to find out my transmission mount need to replaced. After I had that replaced he said it was still a little bouncy on the right front wheel (passenger side) and it wasn’t bad he informed me I had an in “egg” in the stock rims that I had on for like 2,000 miles. So he said put your rims back on and tell him how it is. It is much worse like shaky and bumpy and I’m still not sure what the hell to do everyone keeps saying nothing is wrong with my jeep. I need someone’s help to figure out what’s wrong with it. The jeep dealerships are just ignoring all my concerns and I’m getting nowhere. It’s a 2020 jeep wrangler Jl sport

I have
Stock rubicon springs and shocks
And the 33 wheels
Sponsored

Joaquim

First Name
Joaquim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Autist
I hit a pot hole one day and ever since my car has been shaking and vibrating / feeling like I’m driving on rocks. I had my 18 rims with my 33’s on. When I went to 3 places they kept saying it was my big “off road tires” but I have been running these wheels for over two years and it has never felt like this.
I had them rebalanced twice and an alignment. nothing seemed to fix it so I put my stock rims on and went to three places and every said nothing was wrong. During those visits I had a crazy idle that I could feel the whole car shake in my seat as I was driving or even when my car was sitting in park. Come to find out my transmission mount need to replaced. After I had that replaced he said it was still a little bouncy on the right front wheel (passenger side) and it wasn’t bad he informed me I had an in “egg” in the stock rims that I had on for like 2,000 miles. So he said put your rims back on and tell him how it is. It is much worse like shaky and bumpy and I’m still not sure what the hell to do everyone keeps saying nothing is wrong with my jeep. I need someone’s help to figure out what’s wrong with it. The jeep dealerships are just ignoring all my concerns and I’m getting nowhere. It’s a 2020 jeep wrangler Jl sport

I have
Stock rubicon springs and shocks
And the 33 wheels
Is the shake you have currently occurring consistent whether you are moving or not? Because if it happens while you're not moving I'd think it is clearly not the tire/wheel/suspension? How big was this "pothole" you hit? Do you have any error codes?

If it is happening only while your moving I'd recommend 1. check your tire pressure (sometimes shops fill them up to 40 psi which causes all sorts of weird stuff) 2. check to see if your shocks are leaking any oil/have any damage (if they're out that can cause some bounciness).

On another note, I hit a giant rock hidden in snow and it knocked out some wiring in my vehicle so the camshaft sensor couldn't communicate with the PCM. This caused the camshaft to function incorrectly (out of sync with the rest of the engine) and my vehicle had a really weird vibration even while idling. Eventually PCM was replaced and solved the problem.

OP
OP

Rmurphy227

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl
So I removed my 33 and but my stock wheels on it still had a lil bump/ shake at like 60+ but didn’t resolve it cuz I should still feel something was off
Before I got it back from mechanic he said my transmission mount wasn’t good and needed to be replaced. He checked everything even replaced a stud the stripped when putting my lug nuts on
My rubicon springs and shocks seem fine when I push down on one side it lifts up how it’s supposed to
Sponsored