Vibration at idle

Rharv

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
my jlu has 700 miles I am noticing a minor vibration and idle speed I do not see any fluctuations is rpm at idle auto start turned off. I was wondering if anyone has had experience this, or if it just the balancing of the engine that does this from factory.
Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I noticed the same on mine. I disable ESS when I drive now to reduce the stress on the mounts. Also the squeal isn’t nice to hear...

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Idle vibration is not normal. Take it in and have them check it out. My bet is a failed lifter.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Leights7

First Name
Leighton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
my jlu has 700 miles I am noticing a minor vibration and idle speed I do not see any fluctuations is rpm at idle auto start turned off. I was wondering if anyone has had experience this, or if it just the balancing of the engine that does this from factory.
Hi. Our Jeep had some vibration at idle, while stopped at a light that I thought was a bit more than it should be as far as a vibration goes. However, it smoothed out significantly after about 2400 miles. This leads me to believe the full engine break in isn't complete until a couple thousand miles. Hope this helps.
Sponsored