Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Very nice!! If you have the specs in a plan that can be shared, I would love to receive it. I just LOVE the idea.
I'm not good on specs. I look for something I want. I find it not available, I make it. In this case, I used the Rotopax rubber washer, a 1/2" fender washer, an $11 pressure relief valve from Grainger and a Tig welder. The idea of what I wanted was in my head.... And- GO

Screenshot_20200108-112231_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Food for thought, this is a one way venting valve, out but not in. This only deals with half my venting issue. My wheel'n of choice is in the mountains at elevations greater than 4,000 ft.. I live at nearly sea level. My needed valve type reverse's with high to low elevation change. To really make an automatic venting idea work for me, I need a vaccum release valve also.
FYI, I once had a metal jerrycan perminately crushed in going from 6,000 ft. low pressure to sea level and it's higher pressure. Not sure what would happen to a Rotopax. Anyway, that is why I've said I'm thinking about using Vic's idea. I still need to manually vent coming down the mountain or leave the cap loose at all times to cover the elevation changes both ways.
I always use up the gas when coming back out and or down from the mountains. 91% of the time the cans are empty with the lid loose enough to breath in or out. This system is sipmly for my off road overland ventures where I can effectively eliminate the need to vent cans

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I empty my fuel coming back also. Just thinking a loose cap is breathing in dust/humitity as it air pressure balances low to high. Probably over thinkin it. No worries. like I said, I still might use your idea mate.

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
@Blu bi Kong

So it has been 15 months since you released your vented gas cap on the forum and I was wondering if your design has stood the test of time or if there is a newer version.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Had to change my design. Those leaked a little thru the vent hole. An now using a manual push to vent fitting. No leakage, easily vents with push of finger. No picture tonight but will add one tomorrow.

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
I was thinking about using a Milton Male Tank Valve.

Jeep Wrangler JL Vented gas cap test for Rotopax cans 1650247275682