Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
20200107_111627.jpg
20200107_111636.jpg
20200107_111656.jpg
20200107_111753.jpg
15784253607918841549783792051726.jpg
This test has been going for two days now. No ballooning of Rotopax cans with gas in them so far. Sun, no sun etc. So far so good. Possibly no more manual venting. More will be revealed
Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
How do you like rotopax? ARB left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m not sure I want to spend the money for an Australian gas can that’s only 10 litres but they seem to be the easiest to mount along with their knockoffs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Can you tell me more about that hard top with the no window thing?
I removed the windows, made a template, made insets that fit a 3.5ga. fuelpax can with flanges to the template, installed by sandwiching the hard top flange with my template and a ring on the inside.
Works flawlessly!

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
How do you like rotopax? ARB left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m not sure I want to spend the money for an Australian gas can that’s only 10 litres but they seem to be the easiest to mount along with their knockoffs.
Fuelpax 3.5 gallon .No issue as of yet

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the windows, made a template, made insets that fit a 3.5ga. fuelpax can with flanges to the template, installed by sandwiching the hard top flange with my template and a ring on the inside.
Works flawlessly!
Very nice!! If you have the specs in a plan that can be shared, I would love to receive it. I just LOVE the idea.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester (Subaru)
Very nice!! If you have the specs in a plan that can be shared, I would love to receive it. I just LOVE the idea.
Rebel OffRoad offers the rear window replacements off-the-shelf, if you're not feeling very DIY-ish. Only for the four door, it seems...

https://rebeloffroad.com/blackout-kit-for-jeep-wrangler/

I like the simplicity of Blu bi Kong's solutions (both for the window and for the breathable gas can cap). I'm surprised Rotopax doesn't already offer a breathable cap - I would guess that's because of the multiple angles the cans might see and worries about leaks?

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Rebel OffRoad offers the rear window replacements off-the-shelf, if you're not feeling very DIY-ish. Only for the four door, it seems...

https://rebeloffroad.com/blackout-kit-for-jeep-wrangler/

I like the simplicity of Blu bi Kong's solutions (both for the window and for the breathable gas can cap). I'm surprised Rotopax doesn't already offer a breathable cap - I would guess that's because of the multiple angles the cans might see and worries about leaks?
I like Vic’s brilliant venting application. As far as selling it as a product, that would not be so brilliant. Pressure from impact/ squeeze would discharge gas and be a big hazard. Not so much of an issue when safely stored or mounted where Vic carries his IMO. Mine is carried on the tailgate but I might still use Vic’s idea. My personal choice without Vic being culpable. HaHa

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I like Vic’s brilliant venting application. As far as selling it as a product, that would not be so brilliant. Pressure from impact/ squeeze would discharge gas and be a big hazard. Not so much of an issue when safely stored or mounted where Vic carries his IMO. Mine is carried on the tailgate but I might still use Vic’s idea. My personal choice without Vic being culpable. HaHa
You are 100% correct:like: Unfortunately, we have to always consider the worse case scenario in the world we live in:facepalm:. But @Blu bi Kong is a genius:rock:

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Last edited:

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!
Sponsored