Utah Monolith?

OP
OP

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I'm guessing you just need some decent size tires. The one little boulder section looks like no big deal for a 2 door Jeep on 35s.....and there's a 6 month old video of a stock 4 door Rubi doing it with no real fanfare.
Isn't that the universal answer- bigger tires?

My thread seems to have evolved into a discussion of Lockart Canyon, which I don't mind because I hope to take my JLU Sport there next year, assuming they remove the instagram attraction. I'll have Rubicon tires and springs.

At one point the guy says "very challenging obstacle in a stock Rubicon", which is pretty much how I remembered it from other videos, and he did bottom out on big rocks a couple of times, more than a couple of times.

People typically don't film the last half of the road so it must be pretty smooth. Since the challenges at the beginning of the trail are uphill, I've wondered why people don't do it and film it going the other direction.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
The "20 years later" part of the film looks like a different, much deeper approach as if something changed or eroded. Those short Jeeps in the first part just popped over. Hmmmm

OP
OP

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are lots of videos on the entry part- here is one I stumbled on today, no really searching for any. It depicts the obstacles as more difficult, and several vehicles had to be pulled up. The ones that were noted were on 31" and 32" tires, somewhat lifted. I couldn't tell if they were taking the right line. This is the reason I wouldn't try it alone.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Rumor has it the monolith has been removed or stolen. People are here in town now to see it and we heard from a tourist that it was gone. I have a customer who rented a vehicle today to drive there, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Rumor has it the monolith has been removed or stolen. People are here in town now to see it and we heard from a tourist that it was gone. I have a customer who rented a vehicle today to drive there, I'll know for sure tomorrow.
interesting... probably part of some clandestine government project and they removed it now that it has been found :) :)

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Was RowdySouth and his winch seen in the area last night? Anybody check the local recycling facility?

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
And now it’s gone.

OP
OP

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hooray, crisis averted.

OP
OP

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youtube threw another video at me of some overlanders going through- they got their Chevy Colorado pickup through but their loaded down JLUR on what looked like 35s had to be towed. They didn't look like hard core crawlers.

This seems to be a "YMMV" type situation.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Youtube threw another video at me of some overlanders going through- they got their Chevy Colorado pickup through but their loaded down JLUR on what looked like 35s had to be towed. They didn't look like hard core crawlers.

This seems to be a "YMMV" type situation.
If that's the same one that I watched the other night the girls were not happy! :)

Later,
Johnny