Updated: ORP DOES NOT require a SiriusXM Guardian Subscription

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Sorry for this question but I am confused. What do you lose if you don’t renew the Guardian portion of Uconnect or XM radio? My Wrangler key fob remote starts my Wrangler. Would I lose this function on my key fob. Do I lose the apps on my 8 inch screen?
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Sorry for this question but I am confused. What do you lose if you don’t renew the Guardian portion of Uconnect or XM radio? My Wrangler key fob remote starts my Wrangler. Would I lose this function on my key fob. Do I lose the apps on my 8 inch screen?
You'd lose the remote start/lock/unlock/horn & lights from Uconnect app, not keyfob. You'd also lose SOS, roadside assistance, alarm notifications, vehicle finder, send-and-go, and apparently maybe off road pages.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
You'd lose the remote start/lock/unlock/horn & lights from Uconnect app, not keyfob. You'd also lose SOS, roadside assistance, alarm notifications, vehicle finder, send-and-go, and apparently maybe off road pages.
@robaw
And the monthly health report would be no more.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My uConnect app is still letting see the vehicle info/status screen and it's still updating but the remote screen is gone off the app.
@Greg H

Let's see if it you get a Health Report next month.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
That’s not great but also not worth twenty some dollars a month with a one year cash payment every year. GM gives you On Star for 5 years free then $18 a month. Disappointed that we only get a year.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
So if you decide not to renew GuardianI end up with a large screen of nothing on my Jeep? That’s a waste of initial money. I could have opted for the smaller size screen and not have to look at a joke. Very disappointed in Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat.

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
So if you decide not to renew GuardianI end up with a large screen of nothing on my Jeep? That’s a waste of initial money. I could have opted for the smaller size screen and not have to look at a joke. Very disappointed in Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat.
The only difference I see on the app screen is my ORP icon was replaced with an icon that says "Activate services"

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Before we had the ORP on the uconnect we had them on the dash display. Do we lose those too when the subscription expires?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Before we had the ORP on the uconnect we had them on the dash display. Do we lose those too when the subscription expires?
They are still on the dash display. The only reason I noticed the app disappeared from the uConnect was because I'm having an issue with the start/stop system saying it's not available battery charging. So I was keeping the ORP open to the screen with the gauges so I could keep an eye on the battery voltage while watching the Start/Stop system status on the dash display.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
They are still on the dash display. The only reason I noticed the app disappeared from the uConnect was because I'm having an issue with the start/stop system saying it's not available battery charging. So I was keeping the ORP open to the screen with the gauges so I could keep an eye on the battery voltage while watching the Start/Stop system status on the dash display.
So whatever we need to run ORP on the dash is there whether we have an active uconnect subscription, so it really seems like bs that jeep is making us subscribe for $20 a month to get the feature on the uconnect. And we own the head unit. Kind of like paying uconnect a subscription to turn on the fm antenna to our radio. Jeep may find they don't like the backlash they get from this as it will probably be at least as bad as when they said the 2018's weren't going to get the ORP.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gonna be pissed if ORP is gonna go away without guardian... my year is up in April and I probably won’t even get a real chance to use it before then. :swear: :facepalm:

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My last Jeep vehicle (2017 GC Trailhawk) had the Off Road Pages app and it worked fine 2 years after I purchased it. It would be a bit upsetting for FCA to take it away from the Wrangler when other vehicles have it available years after purchase.

With the Wrangler, do you need to have the SiriusXM Guardian activated to receive the monthly updates? This would make sense since I don't receive it for my Wrangler and I do not have the SiriusXM Guardian activated. On the Jeep site it has always said the same thing, date/mileage (12 miles) and has never changed.

I bought the GC in Sept/16 and traded it in Oct/2018. I still received the monthly report as of Jan/2019. I removed it from My Garage on the Jeep site or I may have received it again this month. It had about 2000 more miles on it since I traded it in. I never subscribed to any service while I had the CG so I'm not sure how long I would of received those health reports for. I figured it was a 5 year thing and would most likely go away after that.

My Off Road Pages have always been available on the Wrangler (SiriusXM Guardian not activated) but I'm only on my 4th month of ownership. It's not that big of a deal for me but I do like the gauges part of that app and figured it would be there whenever I needed it. It's kind of a bummer to think it won't be.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
I had a bad feeling that it was connected to guardian. Every time you start the Jeep it takes a minute or two to pop up, I was wondering if it was verifying something in the back ground.
Sponsored