UK servicing

UK-Limey

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
My Rubicon is now 13 months old and I've only managed 5000 miles with the various CV-19 lock-downs. My oil shows 40% still OK on the dashboard but should I book in for a service ? Does it really need to be done every 12 months ?

I see that I have 2 options :

7,500 / 1 year service @ £143.05
Oil & filter @ £102.07

Does anybody know the difference between these ?
And did your UK dealer perform a tyre rotation as part of those costs ?

Would be grateful for any feedback !

Jeep Wrangler JL UK servicing 1629198512210
Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Didn't you get the 5 3 5 deal when you bought?
5 year warranty, 3 year service plan and 5 year breakdown assist.

I got that on mine although I'm at 20 months old now but I believe it was still part of the offer for a lot longer.

Might be worth checking?

Sideways

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL ,992 4S, XC40
Hey, my Rubi was 12 months old last month and I also have only done small miles (3000).

I phoned up Jeep (Guildford) and was quotes £195, roughly, all in for the 1st year service which included an oil change. I ended up using my local garage that looks after a few vehicles we have and they charged £152 using official parts all in.

Don't understand the two option/charges, suspect they may try to get you to do both?

I figure a good oil change after the 1st year is important as I think after all the running in, it would be good to get clean oil. Not sure if it's relevant with new engines any more but i still remember the 80's!
For £150-190 quid i think it was worth the peace of mind. Rubi cost £45k+ new so its not a huge amount in retrospect, even if it does feel like gouging every 12 months.

Didn't get the tyres rotated yet but I've done less miles than you and will probably do it nearer 6-8k miles if i haven't changed them for something bigger by then (or sold the vehicle, 2 years is kinda my max lifespan on a motor)

I didn't get the service offer as i bought on a deal with a big discount.

Best of luck.

My Rubicon is now 13 months old and I've only managed 5000 miles with the various CV-19 lock-downs. My oil shows 40% still OK on the dashboard but should I book in for a service ? Does it really need to be done every 12 months ?

I see that I have 2 options :

7,500 / 1 year service @ £143.05
Oil & filter @ £102.07

Does anybody know the difference between these ?
And did your UK dealer perform a tyre rotation as part of those costs ?

Would be grateful for any feedback !

Jeep Wrangler JL UK servicing 1629198512210

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Yes. At 13 months and 5,000 miles, I would have the engine oil and filter changed.

OP
OP
UK-Limey

UK-Limey

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
So it was £140 for the service including oil & filter. I waited at the dealer and jumped on their WiFi to do some work on my laptop. The very nice ladies on service reception bought me some coffee and everything was just great. Beechdale at Derby - thanks, highly recommended ! 👍🏻

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, BMW M5 E34
I can't remember the last time I was in a Jeep dealership that I had something good to say about unfortunately. Very limited north of the border...
Sponsored