Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hi all

Does anyone have first hand experience of ordering directly from Quadratec shipping to UK?
They seem to quote the delivery price, then I know I would have to pay duty + VAT once landed.

Im a bit fed up of paying a premium for basic mopar (or other parts) when I can buy from US at literally half the price ship them (smaller items) for around $49 then have them landed and in my hands with a couple hundred quid spare in my pocket.

Any first hand experience or any catch other than a probably 3 week delivery time?

Thanks I advance for any tips/advice.
Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I've ordered from them.
No issues whatsoever apart from the wait!

Lots of complaints about them from US owners on this forum though regarding stock issues so something to perhaps be wary of.

DDMELLOR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon 2 Door
I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago, I had to wait a week for the parts to come into stock as they were on back order - but I was amazed at the speed of the shipping. My order was dispatched on Friday and I received the following Thursday. I ordered the Mopar Rubicon steel bumper, skid plate and top trim with no issues with regards to the size and weight. Overall, even with import taxes I saved over £500 compared to UK suppliers.

OP
OP
Elementad

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Thanks good to know guys. And I presume that is using THIER (quadratec’s) quoted delivery service as opposed to shipping using the ‘myus.com’ forwarding route?

Sponsored

DDMELLOR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon 2 Door
Yes, I spoke to Quadratec, they told me to order through the site and shipping would be automatically applied, I must admit I was a little sceptical at first. I bought $1400 worth of parts and paid $207 shipping. My import tax was £270.

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
I ordered a few bits from Quadratec recently (using their own native shipping method) and they refused to ship because my total was under USD$180

Was a bit annoyed as their checkout didn't tell me this and let me place the order and after a few days of no movement I contacted them to ask for an update at which point they told me this.

They said they would dispatch my order if I was happy them to put a value of $180 on the shipping ticket. Bizarre eh?

Anyway, the parcel arrived less than a week later, no issues apart from that 🤷‍♂️

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I ordered a few bits from Quadratec recently (using their own native shipping method) and they refused to ship because my total was under USD$180

Was a bit annoyed as their checkout didn't tell me this and let me place the order and after a few days of no movement I contacted them to ask for an update at which point they told me this.

They said they would dispatch my order if I was happy them to put a value of $180 on the shipping ticket. Bizarre eh?

Anyway, the parcel arrived less than a week later, no issues apart from that 🤷‍♂️
Had exactly the same issue with my last order.
They told me paypal wouldn't accept orders under $180!!!
Sponsored