Sponsored

Looking for a UK Rubicon owner to check...

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, BMW M5 E34
Hi there, I'm looking for a UK Rubicon owner to check something for me. I have a 2020 2 door and find that I seem to be missing the Stop/Start status menu from the Instrument Cluster. Dealer has said this is not present on the Rubicon models, something I'm not so sure about.

More details can be found in my post here

In summary, I do have the Stop/Start system but missing the menu as per the owners manual.

Thanks
Sponsored

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
There was nothing in the menu options for the ESS on my 2018 2.2 diesel JLU Rubicon.
Only the little green illuminated symbol to indicate when the ESS had cut in and I think a different yellow coloured symbol to indicate when the ESS disable button had been pressed on the dash.

Not that I ever saw much of the ESS working as it should. It went back to various dealers several times to try and get it working correctly, which included replacing both batteries at one point. But in the end I gave up. The only way it would work is if the batteries were charged manually using an external charger. Then it would work perfectly for a week or so and revert to type. The usual excuse given was that I didn't drive it enough. But even after a 200 mile non stop journey to London it still wouldn't work on a warm day with few electrical ancillaries running and the A/C turned off.
I concluded that there was a fundamental flaw somewhere in the algorithm that determined when it should and shouldn't kick in.

JohnnyB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red,
Hi there, I'm looking for a UK Rubicon owner to check something for me. I have a 2020 2 door and find that I seem to be missing the Stop/Start status menu from the Instrument Cluster. Dealer has said this is not present on the Rubicon models, something I'm not so sure about.

More details can be found in my post here

In summary, I do have the Stop/Start system but missing the menu as per the owners manual.

Thanks
Evening Harry, I have a MY2020 JLUR 2.0T and put the same question to my dealer. They said that the UK model doesn't have the status messages enabled for the cluster display - something about not wanting to make the ESS appear unreliable?!! :CWL:

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, BMW M5 E34
Thanks both, the story I got was that the Rubicon is an off road model and doesn't require such refinements 🤪

At least I know it's missing on purpose :facepalm:
Sponsored